**Update** Sponge Plugin Competition - Win a copy of Fallout 4!

We have no issues with collaboration with other people. Whoever gets the game is up to the person/group/organization of the winning plugin.

1 Like

[quote](A photo ID must be provided if you are chosen as the winner to show proof of age)[/quote]Eh? Thanks, but no thanks.

•Must be a plugin for SpongeAPI (NMS and dependencies are allowed but it should be primarily SpongeAPI)
If someone were to, make a RPG System with custom item damages, wouldn’t they have to use NMS since the sponge api can not edit NBT tags?

Everything that you would use NBT for should be represented in the API as some sort of DataManipulator

AH I have never used Sponge but with the Api I was using, I would have to access an Items NBT tags through NMS.

You technically can through manipulation of DataContainers, if you run the server in debug mode with a plugin that writes an ItemStack to a DataContainer, you can actively see the queries and mapping of where various bits of data are. So, still, you could very well avoid using NMS for that case.

Nice, thank you for the response.

Because Fallout is 17+ :smile:

Please note that is says that you must be 17+ OR have signed approval from your parent/guardian. So being under 17 and having signed approval is fine.

Am I allowed to submit a plugin that I had already been working on as long as it doesn’t have an established userbase?

Yes, you can submit FoxGuard :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s a downer.

Don’t expect the rules to change, that’s just to avoid shortcuts and allows us to deal with problems if any should arise :wink:

I think we all know who’s going to win

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure.

I’m placing my bets that in the last two days of the competition, several entries will pop out of nowhere :3

3 Likes

Yeah but they don’t have the advantage of beta testers to help with polishing the gem.

True, but i don’t think bugs count against you in the competition, as long as they aren’t catastrophic.

However if they can’t build your plugin easily then you’re screwed.

Hence why I use a CI server.

Approaching the end of this train ride folks. How many are still holding out for a last-minute submission? Looking forward to trying everyone’s plugin submission!

3 Likes

I think my boyfriend is going to submit one. He’s probably frantically working on it right now.

Ahhhhhhh it’s the Grinch here to steal fallout

I would love to submit a plugin, however my computer is currently killing itself, and I don’t think I’ll be getting a new one before the competition finishes.