VoteRight - Sponge's First Votifier Listener [Discontinued]

I love this but I have been using this for a few days now and I have a lot of votes going through it and I do get some crashes now I know some are to do with Pixelmon but there are no real voting errors when server crashes at all but it seems as when there are multiple people voting at one the server goes down. Sometimes will be back to back when getting votes. Didn’t know if you could check the code out based off that information and see if you can see anything.

I’ve narrowed this down with him to his item schema giving rewards. Basically sponge and Pixelmon ar arguing over the /give command his item schema forces

use /modid:give then?

Yeah but renders his schema for items useless and we have to use the command one, not a bad fix for it temp but a better solution is in the works

@stephen92 and @MoeBoy76
I’m planning to move to the InventoryAPI, but when I implemented the ItemSchema, I had to use the /give command (yes, I did use /minecraft:give). The problem I’m having switching over is that Sponge’s DataAPI does not have a representation of meta data as a single integer, as it is stored internally (and used in the /give command). I’m thinking that I’ll have to serialize the object, and ask the player to choose an item in their inventory, rather than enter the values.

I have no issues giving items or commands my issue is that when a lot of people vote it seems much more prone to crashes. Unsure but I wasn’t getting this until I added this plugin.

@stephen92
Can you post the error on pastebin?

There isn’t one. It is just a pattern. The crash log isn’t any help and doesn’t point towards this plugin.

@stephen92
The crash log is always helpful, it may determine where the bug is, even if its not in this plugin. Besides, the crash log is pointing to some bug, so seeing it could fix part of the problem. Maybe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Status Update

VoteRight is still being worked on, and Economy support is more or less fully implemented in my code, but not released yet. In addition I’m working on moving the ItemSchema to the Inventory API. I do however, have a slight problem. My midterms are coming in for the kill in two weeks, so I’ve had to halt work on this plugin in favor of studying.

Expect updates in 3 weeks time :slight_smile:

Nooooooooooooooo >.< So I’ve also found out even when using a command schema, running the command Minecraft:give will still cause a crash. So pretty much no item rewards until an update? What if essentialcmds overrides and uses essentialcmds:give using the proper inventory api, would that be a possible temp fix?

@Darktilldawn
minecraft:give is actually what I use, and yes, an essentialcmds or some other plugin implementing a /give would work in the command schema,

Alright xD Ill see if @HassanS6000 can possibly implement it into Essential

@Darktilldawn
If I’m not mistaken, Hassan also has exams coming up
:slight_smile:

Everyone does xD

VoteRight doesn’t work with NuVotifier. Any chance of making this work with it?

Absolutely! But its exam week for me, so maybe this weekend.

2 Likes

Cheers mate and good luck with the exams. :slight_smile:

I have still yet to convince @HassanS6000 To implement a essentialcmds:give xD But I’m working on it. So hopefully when you do get time (no rush) we can get the items fixed on it and all the fun stuff.

@Darktilldawn and @TreasureIsland,
Support for NuVotifier has been implemented, and I’ve figured out how I want/can to use the inventory API, in addition, Economy is also most of the way implemented.

An update with these features should be coming out in the next few days or so. The only reason it would take any longer is I’m rewriting a part of StarAPI, to make stuff easier…