VoteRight - Sponge's First Votifier Listener [Discontinued]

###Untested Pre-Releases (0.0.10)
Due to school, I won’t be able to test these until sunday, and I may not even be able to then, depending on homework. Therefore, I’m posting download links for the untested updates to VoteRight and StarAPI. VoteRight can be found here and StarAPI can be found here. Again, these are untested and likely to contain bugs, if you do find any bugs, please report them in the issue tracker.

Changelog:

• Inventory API!
  • Economy
  • Command overhaul (probably buggy)

Notes:

• The main post will not be updated with tutorials/information regarding this update until it has been fully tested

http://paste.ubuntu.com/14883442/

When starting console…

well fudge, quicker than I thought… I’ll fix it when I can.

No problem :smile: Always here to help!

Try replacing StarAPI with this

It all works well but is this correct? xD?

I have the 0.0.10 version but this goes in console

04.02 18:37:29 [Server] Server thread/INFO [VoteRight]: VoteRight v0.0.7 finished loading.

That would be me not changing the version in the message… xD

###Known Bugs in the Pre-Release
(Don’t report these)

• Version displays incorrectly (not fixed yet fixed (sort of))
  • Conversations skip initial message (not fixed yet fixed in code (not published))
  • Help pages are broken (not fixed yet fixed in code (not published))
  • Edit help is missing (not fixed yet fixed in code (not published))

#Big Ol’ Update (0.0.13)
###Notable Changes:

• Economy Support
  • Inventory API
  • NuVotifier Support
  • Commands Overhaul
    • Advanced, interactive, help system (view with /vr help)
    • Conversation updates

###Breaking Changes:

• The /conversation command no longer supports multiple commands, like “vr create,” instead do /conversation voteright, and go from there
  • Changed the “VOTER” type in CommandSchemas to “PLAYER”

###Other Changes

• Lots of small bug fixes
  • Re-wrote most commands
  • Command system is now better at supporting optional arguments
  • Commands are divided up, and therefore easier to update
  • Tested on Sponge 1138 (3.1.0)

###Main Post Information
The main post is being killed, it’s simply too massive. From now on, thanks to google, most information will be at VoteRight’s google site, here.

###Updating
VoteRight 0.0.13 should be able to simply be downloaded and replace the old VoteRight, however if you have a command schema, with executor set to voter, voter must be changed to “player”

Also, VoteRight 0.0.13 requires StarAPI 0.0.35

So could be just me, im using nuvotifier, when doing a test vote it says it passed etc. This was working on the previous version without nuvotifier however it was causing server crashes. With the newest version in I do not get any rewards ingame anymore.

Also, performance wise it looks just as bad as it was before. It maxes out cpu usage… My cpu usage was at around 30% before and now its at a constant 100.

1 Like

@stephen92
Can you post the crash log as well?

Edit: Read too fast, can you post the server log as well?

It doesnt show anything in the log what so ever. Just upon startup that it loaded and was enabled.

Working fine but the cpu usage goes from 2% to 23% when I install the plugin. :frowning:

What in the world… there is literally nothing in the plugin that should be doing that. I’ll look int your concerns… Certainly something is wrong. If you wouldn’t mind, could you try removing just voteright, and leaving Star, and tell me if the problem persists.

Removed voteright and the cpu usage went back to the normal 2%. Star is still installed so the problem is voteright. :frowning:

How strange. I’ll look into it

Edit:
@TreasureIsland - The performance tanks when the plugin is just idle? Or is there some context…

1 Like

Just idle. All I do is start the server and that’s the cpu difference.

How strange… The only thing I could think of is the SaveLoop running way too much, but I just tested to make sure it works…

Edit:
@TreasureIsland
I’ve tweaked some things that, although they shouldn’t really be causing the problem, might be, maaayyybbee. ish. I tested it on my own computer, and TaskManager didn’t report any CPU usage abnormality, but my computer’s weird.

Could you try this version?

Edit 2:
Unfortunatley, being human, I do have to sleep… I’ll look into this more tomorrow.

3 Likes

Yep that fixed it. cpu is now at 2% where it should be. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well then…

###Bug Fixes (0.0.14)
Change Log

• Re-Compiled, stuff seems to work now
  • Should work with NuVotifier now

Updating is as simple as replacing the old version with the new.

2 Likes