What is the wrong signature stuff?

Hello!
I wanted to play around with Sponge, but I am having some troubles setting the server MOTD upon client connect. The method I used for this is “lie”. The error “The method public void me.eliterscripts.firstspongeplugin.FirstSpongePlugin.lie(org.spongepowered.api.event.server.ClientPingServerEvent$Response) on me.eliterscripts.firstspongeplugin.FirstSpongePlugin has @org.spongepowered.api.event.Listener but has the wrong signature” shows up in console, and I do not know what to do. Please give me a hand on this!

The paste is here: http://pastebin.com/BWuGfxRP

Thanks,
-Eliter

ClientPingServerEvent.Response isn’t actually an event - it’s an interface that’s used in the event itself.

You’ll want to change the signature of your method to take a plain ClientPingServerEvent.

That’s confusing considering the rest of the direction that the api has taken specific events. Could the response be moved to it’s own class file maybe? idk.

Yeah, I think that would make sense. As you pointed out, that eventpredates our current convention of using nested interfaces for events.

And then @Aaron1011 accidentally committed that change to master.
And then everything exploded.