What is trust level?

When I was reading in the badges there was Granted in gold lettering and when I clicked it it took me here https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/4 and when I read it it said that basic could get to member after entering 5 topics, reading at least 30 posts, and spend 10 minutes reading, which I have done much more than. Why have I not earned member yet? Is it different here and if so how do I earn member?

1 Like

It sometimes takes a while for the website to recognize that you’ve done all those things. It checks every so often. It looks like you got it now, so enjoy!

2 Likes

???
What are you talking about?
I did all of those things, and I am still a basic member, or at least that is what it says for me.

2 Likes

Discourse will check every x time units to see who needs badges.

If you met those requirements between the times it checks, you need to wait for it to check again.

2 Likes

I am not talking about badges, I mean ranking, member ranks, trust level, badges have their own separate tab.

2 Likes

I know… same process.

2 Likes

The big question I wanted to know from the get-go of starting this thread:

What SPECIFIC actions must I complete in what order to achieve member?

There are like 10 posts here and still none of them answer my question. At no place have I found any guide to achieving member, almost like it is impossible, like some kind of easter egg.

2 Likes

To be honest, we probably do not know on how to earn Member (I’m pretty sure none of us who are not Moderators have earned it yet). You’re going to have to ask the administrator.

2 Likes

Members keep coming back to the site, and have participated long enough to earn complete citizenship.

They can get to trust level 2 by…

visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
casting at least 1 like
receiving at least 1 like
replying to at least 3 different topics
entering at least 20 topics
reading at least 100 posts
spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

RTFM

2 Likes

Wait so to get to member you have to be here for 15 days?

2 Likes

Yes, that is the point of the trust system.

2 Likes

Ok thank you people for finally answering my question.

One last one though.

Do you have to be spending 15 straight days on the site, or just have an active account for 15 days?

2 Likes

thank you for clearing this up!

1 Like

If you read the requirements it says you just need to be on at least 15 days, but not sequentially (consecutively).

It looks like @BlizzardFyre has member already: http://forums.spongepowered.org/users/blizzardfyre Not sure the requirements now haha. Sponge may have been setup so we don’t need 15 days to get member. @hunterboerner @Gater12

1 Like

well I know I got Basic user on my first day.

Uh, been here for over 50 days, probably read 100 posts, why am I still not member?

You joined on the 15th, which would be 15 days ago. Have you been online every day? Did you read the required percentage of topics?

It worked for me :stuck_out_tongue:

15* Lol I said 50 XD I must’ve been tired. Anyway, It said been a member for 15 days, not spend 15 days time on the site. Still, why am I not member though?

This topic on the Discourse Meta does state you have to be online for 15 days, though they don’t have to be sequential: