📋 IPRegister - Find IPLog on Ore instead

This plugin has been rewritten and renamed to IPLog. Find the new forum post here: IPLog - An IP address logging plugin

3 Likes

Just reporting an issue a user has had - you’re doing a lot of work on thread when a player logs in. You’re iterating through potentially a lot of entries in your storage manager and saving them to disk - that’s should be done asynchronously.

https://github.com/Meronat/IPRegister/blob/master/src/main/java/com/meronat/ipregister/Storage/StorageManager.java#L330

Thanks for pointing this out to me, there’s a lot I can to do improve performance it seems, so I’ll get to it as soon as I can. Hopefully within the next two days.

Ok I have removed the plugin until it is updated, so if you wouldn’t mind tagging me when it is updated I would be more than happy to help test it. This is a great plugin overall, but it could use a little work. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am currently in the process of a complete rewrite, which will hopefully increase performance in many places, improve usability and functionality, provide better documentation in-game and out, as well as have an improved, streamlined visual appearance with chat messages. If you have any suggestions or feature requests please get them to me. Thanks everyone.

Edit: I do plan to support both Sponge API 4.2.0 and 5.0.0 with this rewrite, at least for the time being.

Edit 2: Sorry for how long this is taking, I have been busy lately and will hopefully put more time into it soon. For those reading this, I don’t recommend usage for now as it will cause heavy lag.

@IBG_Nova

Yeah this took me way too long, sorry about that. I have just begun a rewrite of this plugin and it is now on Ore.

For the most part the functionality is the same, but overall performance should be a lot better. I have switched to an H2 backend from file based and began to utilize asynchronous executors. I am also keeping a lot less in memory and simply made use of Java and Sponge in a more efficient way. If anyone would like to give it a shot you can find the latest releases on Ore. Please keep the bug reports, suggestions, and tips coming.

Continued discussion of this plugin should be on the new Ore created forum page found here. Thank you all for your patience.

I would appreciate it if a @moderateurs would close this :koala: