Core v2.8.1c

should be fixed in SpongeForge build 745

2 Likes

i go test it :smiley: thanks

Its work now ! Thanks ! <3

1 Like

Hi, Creepster!
Thanks, all works perfectly, but I have an issue by settings of zone… How should work the flags “animals” and “monsters”? I set deny, but monsters and animals continue to spawn in the claimed zone…

EDIT: And yet … I can not create a portal to another world (I am creating a new world /world create shop, then zone and warp /zone create shop (in world “shop”), /warp create shop (in world “shop”). Then I am building the frame from blocks, allocates its with golden ax and I enter command /portal create shop shop shop. Portal is created, but not teleport :frowning: ) … There is a manual how to do it?

EDIT2: Also I configure the new world in file worlds.conf… I set the time:day and the weather:clear, but doesn’t matter the night comes, and rainy weather…

How do you have more than the build 620 please x_x ?

@Xhatz

1 Like

Hi Ekib,

we have to wait for the EntitySpawnEvent to be implemented until those flags work. :wink:

The zone is meant to be the area of the portal. Everyone within the specified zone will be transported to warp X. I think there will be some tutorials for this in the future.

Permanent time/weather will work in the upcoming version! Thanks for reporting this. :yum:

1 Like

SpawnEntityEvent has been implemented for awhile…

Yeah… like is there any page with a updated list of events already implemented and ready to use?
I’ve checked it one week ago where it wasnt implemented. :yum:

To be honest you guys are doing a great job but the lack of information for developers is serious… or maybe Iam just reta***d… you decide.

1 Like

Just follow github commits and you will know what gets implemented. SpawnEntityEvent has been done for weeks.

Is there any list though? Just curious.

1 Like

There is a list on github but not updated. For now just watch github commits. We always state if we implement something new, especially events.

1 Like

So this is what I currently use and doesnt even reach “1”. So for me it looks like the event is not being fired at all even though registering it in the main class:

game.getEventManager().registerListeners(this, new EventEntitySpawn());

https://github.com/CreepsterLGC/Core/blob/master/Core/src/me/creepsterlgc/core/events/EventEntitySpawn.java

Zone (as area of portal) not teleporting… What am I doing wrong? (I wrote above how I was doing this)

I just tested and the event is working perfectly fine for me. Keep in mind, the event supports bulk spawns so you should never be assuming the event will always be single spawns. For example, the world spawner can easily spawn 3+ spawns every cycle.

Facepalm… no comment man tried it on my other servers with Sponge701 which just was too outdated… Thanks for helping! Also, thanks for the advice I’ll keep that in mind.

@Ekib

I’ve tried it with the latest version and it works quite well. I’ll PM u so we can try something out really quick. :yum:

1 Like

I’ve been tinkering around with core and have a few clarifying questions and a few suggestions. (Many more to come as I get a chance to clearly outline them.)

Clarification on /tpworld “myworld” command: Is this hard coded to 0 60 0 of requested world? Or is it somehow modifiable?

Spawn quirkiness: I’m trying to get my hands around what Core does with spawn. I’m still able to use Sponge /setworldspawn and /setspawnpoint however, when I use the /spawn command, the system returns this message, “no spawn exists”. I think for whatever reason, Core has created it’s own spawn system? Did the built in system not work? So instead I used the /spawncreate “myworld” command. Still, when I type in /spawn, I get the system error message “no spawn exists”. However, if I type /spawn “myworld” I get teleported to the new spawn. Shouldn’t the input /spawn take me to the spawn of the world I’m in? Also, when a new player logs on, will they be sent to the newly created spawn using /spawncreate, I hope? Or will that be linked to the /setworldspawn that I set?

Dimension Issues: (I think these might be non-implemented Sponge issues) When I tried to build a standard NetherPortal and go to the nether, I ended up in dead blackness falling. So instead, I used the /tpworld DIM-1 which worked. Later I made a second overworld and then tried to build a Nether Portal there but I can’t even get that portal to light? Is it not possible to have dimensions for secondary worlds? And are Nether Portals not working in Sponge? Or are these plugin issues.

Recommendations:

• Add a Vanish Command
  • Add a Godmode Command
  • Zone: add Welcome and Farewell messages
  • Zone: add mob griefing (creepers, ghast, whither explosions don’t destroy terrain, endermen can’t take blocks, etc.)
  • Zone: clarification, is there a flag that prevents zombies from killing villagers?
  • Zone: add “cage” flag and “restrict entry” options to keep people in our out of zones.
  • Zone: add “exceptions” to each flag… so if build=deny, but I place the exception minecraft:sapling 1 then players can only place saplings of that type. For instance my tree farm at hub. If it had been set build=allow, then players could build anything BUT those sapling types. It works for interactions and such too.
  • Zone: add templates… To clarify. On our custom plot system I have about 4 basic templates that I use all the time and seldom have to modify. Each zone uses one of these templates. This way if I need to add a new flag(I think you call them triggers) or if I need to change a setting, all 50 of my admin zones get the changes. Modifications made to zones separate them from the templates group and they become unique modified zones. This usually happens to a zone that had a “player” template as it’s default. Which brings me to the next cool feature of templates. Our zone system is configured to automatically assign a default template to newly created zones unless given a specific alternate template. So players always get the preset player template when they create their zones and then they can tweak it if they don’t like the presets. The default template also restricts the options the player is allowed to modify. This also ties into our entire plot claim system. The template has an indicator for whether it was a created area or claim area. Also, the “player” template is how the configuration knows what plots to restrict size and block columns on. Sorry if that’s confusing, Our entire, plotclaim, admin zoning, claim limits, grief protection, world settings, system is all tied together and linked to the template designations.

Sorry for the book. Looks like a great start, you have our devs perplexed. They don’t know whether to rebuild what we have or build off of yours. So much of what they have done to our CanaryMod server you already have included.

3 Likes

Hey Nutmega.

I really like your suggestions. You simply set the default spawn by just typing /spawn create without a name. You only specify a name if you want to set a special spawn. AFAIK one is just able to teleport to the nether when its generated by default.

/vanish & /god is currently development and will be released within the upcoming versions.

Regarding the /zone suggestions: Iam literally about to implement 95% of your suggestions as those are quite useful features. There is currently no flag on preventing zombies from killing villagers.

Thanks for the book! If there are any further suggestions or situations where my help is needed you’ll always find me right here.

Creep

1 Like

Just /setspawn dont work for me :s

I think he meant:
/setworldspawn

…which says it’s saving it, but I’m not sure it is because the companion command /spawn doesn’t work and /tpworld doesn’t take you to the point set by /setworldspawn. Which is interesting, because /tpworld DOES take me to the spawn points I had in the worlds I ported over.

/spawncreate and /spawn do seem to be working however. I’d like to be able to just type /spawn and by default go to the spawn of the world I’m in.

1 Like