UNMAINTAINED - šŸŒ Nations [v2.5] - Towny-like protection plugin

Nations Pre-Release v0.7

Targets SpongeAPI v4.0.3

Changelog

• Fixed a lot of bugs in region manipulation algorigthms
  • Added taxes (amount of money player have to pay to nations each day, collected just before upkeeps, president and citizens are exempted)
  • Added /n taxes <amount> command (to set taxes in nation)
  • Changed data saving format from HOCON to JSON, which introduce a break in backward compatibility :warning: this break wonā€™t be handled by Nations, youā€™ll need to edit yourself your .conf files in /nations directory to change them into .json files.
1 Like

Iā€™m having a hard time figuring out how to make a SafeZone nation. How would I go about creating a nation with infinite blocks and no members? Or at least how to remove myself from the nation without destroying it. Maybe there should be a guide on this.

EDIT: I did create an admin nation and add myself to it. It still says I need to buy more blocks.

Iā€™ll be translating this plugin to Norwegian to use on my server. Can send you my translation when itā€™s done :slight_smile:

You can create ā€œadminā€ nations using the /na create <name> command. This will create a nation with no upkeep, no block limit and also no members so you wonā€™t be in the nation. You can then administrate that nation using the /na commands (e.g. to claim, select a zone with golden axe and use /na claim <nation>). To change flags or permissions use /na info <nation> and click on the flags/permissions to change them, thatā€™s easier than using the commands.

N.B. Youā€™ll see that an admin nation has outsider/citizen permissions. Thatā€™s a little mistake since an admin nation canā€™t have citizens. So you just have to modify the outsider perms, Iā€™ll remove the citizen perms in the next pre-release.

Btw, Iā€™m currently working on the Nations Wiki for a few weeks now, but itā€™s still WIP.

Great ! That would be very nice of you :smile:

It doesnā€™t seem to accept /na claim (nation) or /na info (nation). Am I doing something wrong? The only way to get anything claimed with my admin nation is to join it and set myself as president. This then subjects me to block limits

Nations has now special support in PermissionManager by @djxy (see here) ! Big thank to him :wink:

1 Like

could u add something like a friendly fire option?

Do you mean like pvp ? Would it be something like a flag ?

Yeahā€¦
for example:
a Nation declares war on another Nationā€¦
But in a fight i would like to Prevent freindly fire :slight_smile: and the Names should be colored ^^

Thatā€™s a good idea. Iā€™ll probably add that when Iā€™ll take care of a alliance/war system.

Big thanks to @mirisbowring for translating Nations into german ! Get the translation here.

Vielen Dank ! :clap:

Nations Pre-Release v0.8

:warning: Anti-build system is not working in that version. That will be solved in v0.9.

Targets SpongeAPI v5.0.0

Changelog

• Updated to minecraft 1.10.2 (SpongeAPI v5.0.0)
  • Fixed things
2 Likes

Just a heads up that the anti build in this latest update is not functioning.

Same issue as here https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/changeblockevent-cancel-has-no-effect/

1 Like

Indeed. Thanks for reporting that issue. Iā€™ll add a warning on that v0.8 build of Nations.

Hey, @Arckenver, on a whim I went through the languages file and translated the entire thing to norwegian; how do you want the translations?

Thank you very much ! You can send its content to me by private message on the sponge forums. Iā€™ll add it to the repo and give you credits on the post :wink:

Big thanks to @Myaskill for translating Nations into norwegian ! Get the translation here.

Tusen takk ! :clap:

:warning: Anti-build system is not working in that version. That will be solved in v0.9.

Im guessing this means players can build in admin claims? Any news on when the update will come Grief Protection isnt cutting it right now.

Itā€™s because I updated to SpongeAPI v5.x.x but itā€™s still bleeding. Iā€™ll backgrade to API 4.x.x and wait for the right time to update again. :wink:

Nations Pre-Release v0.9

Targets SpongeAPI v4.2.0

Changelog

• Backgraded to SpongeAPI v4.2.0 (minecraft 1.8.9)
  • Fixed issue#3, now money amount formatting is entirely up to the economy plugin