Enquiry [v1.2] - Search to your heart's content!

Google hid this, simply remove all URL’s added to the custom search engine but make it ‘Search the entire web but emphasize included sites’.

I’ll probably just add Wiki documentation to the repo as adding comments to show how to do all this would clutter the configuration file. Let me know if you run into anymore issues. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That worked! Sweet, I think this will be a powerful tool. Cant wait to show it off!

Thanks! Do remember though that you are restricted to Google’s search quota which for the free custom search engine is 100 searches a day. Bing offers 5000/month for free.

New update to 1.1. Note that this will wipe 1.0’s configuration and now requires Java 8.

2 Likes

Could I suggest adding Wolfram Alpha? It gives straightforward answers. Dunno if it actually has an API though.
Edit: it has an API.

1 Like

Support for Wolfram Alpha is planned. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What about giving DuckDuckGo some love? :smile:
I dunno if they have a proper API though.

1 Like

It has an Instant Answer API I could leverage. Might not be as detailed or accurate as a normal search but I’ll add support later tonight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to go to another page or see more content?
Because 10 isn’t that much

At the moment no, there is only ten results displayed. I can add support for more but that will come after Wolfram/DDG support.

Ok, that’s good to know, maybe you could add a next button instead of displaying everything.

The intention was to use Pagination or a form of it.

2 Likes

I’d be super happy if you used @mmonkey’s paginated list library :smiley:

1 Like

You didn’t read the post just above yours, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I like how many plugins use the pagination library.
It’s just pure awesome and beautiful!

Not to discourage anyone from use mmonkey’s paginated list library, but a PaginationService is in the API and has been implemented. I’m currently working on the documentation for it, so expect to see that soon!

1 Like

I did read it. He said he’d use “Pagination or a form of it”, so I suggested a specific form :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops. I misread your comment then. Sorry!

1 Like

It sounds sweet, any video how it is used would be nice and probably draw more attention.

Enquiry v1.2 has been released!

I would like to make a small note about Wolfram Alpha support. After much debating I established that it isn’t really feasible (in my opinion) to add as the results it can provide are extremely dynamic and would be hard to represent sanely in a text format. I’m always open to suggestions if someone has an idea on how to sanely handle it feel free to let me know here or on the ticket here.

[spoiler=“Changelog”]
Build

• Use Gradle 2.6
  • Remove unnecessary Gradle environment arguments

API

• Require PluginContainer instead of Enquiry when creating a search engine
  • Add SearchEngine#getPlugin

Implementation

• Add DuckDuckGo support using Instant Answer API
  • Updated to support latest SpongeAPI
    [/spoiler]
2 Likes

I’ve added a poll section to the main post. Those that use my plugin, please give feedback on what you’d like to see next! :smile: