JobsLite ~ Adds jobs to your Sponge server

The JobsLite page has been moved to Ore.

Ore Page

Documentation

6 Likes

Hey @Flibio! Great plugin you have hear, I havenā€™t tested it myself yet, as I am not moving to the Sponge API until a more stable release is available. But looking at this now, I wish I could. Having an in game editor is a great way for introducing new server developers into server management without having to learn how to look through and edit sometimes really long config files. I myself had to learn the hard way, but I do really love this plugin. I am certainly considering using this plugin on my server once I move to Sponge in the future.

Another good thing I like about this plugin in the fact it is light weight, other plugins on Bukkit or Spigot simply were too heavy for servers to run, especially self hosted ones, meaning a large drop in performance. But great work and wish you the best.

Just because I havenā€™t tested it doesnā€™t mean I cant give you a friendly suggestion. If you are familiar with the work of the Bukkit Plugin SkillsAPI here, then you will know that they offer an online custom class creator, so instead of coding a totally new class you can do it online, perfect for non coders.

I know your plugin isnā€™t about classes, but you can change this around for jobs, but this is probably a long way away from now, but i thought it would be a good idea for you to implement further down the line.

Regards,
danielfrogs

@danielfrogs
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback! I will definitely keep this in mind for the future!

1 Like

Naming could cause confusion. Some people may think it is a demo ā€œliteā€ version with a paid premium, when it is not the case as seen here.

1 Like

I appreciate your input, but I personally donā€™t think that this is an issue for two reasons:

1) Selling plugins violates the EULA

FROM SECTION ā€œOWNERSHIP OF OUR GAME AND OTHER THINGSā€
Any tools you write for the Game from scratch belong to you. . Modifications to the Game (ā€œModsā€) (including pre-run Mods and in-memory Mods) and plugins for the Game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you donā€˜t sell them for money / try to make money from them. We have the final say on what constitutes a tool/mod/plugin and what doesnā€™t.

2) Sponge doesnā€™t allow paid plugins as said in this post.

I donā€™t want this thread becoming filled with discussion about paid plugins. Anyone replying should not include something about paid plugins or earning money from plugins.

2 Likes

To be fair, he does have a point. Not to mention you could easily resolve this by renaming to ā€˜LiteJobsā€™, which has a nice ring to it.

I understand the concern, but if someone has enough interest in the plugin, they will scan through the whole post, see the download link, and realize its available for free. Iā€™ll add a small disclaimer to the bottom of the post that states it is not a demo/lite version.

Sorry if this came across as rude, totally not intended :grinning:

3 Likes

cant seem to get it to load without errors

Pastebin.com

JobsLite will currently not work on the latest Sponge version. I believe version 591 should work.

I am currently waiting for an addition to the SpongeAPI due to the fact that JobsLite will not function without it.

1 Like

Congrats. I am looking forward to using this once Almura makes the jump to Sponge.

1 Like

If anyone is wondering why JobsLite hasnā€™t been updated recently, I have an answer for you: Since the Events 2.0 refactor, there has been no way to get the unformatted chat message via the API. Until this is possible, JobsLite can not update to the latest Sponge version.

You can use Texts.toPlain to get the unformatted message.

Ignore my previous post - I was wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve added a new method to MessageSinkEvent.Chat, which returns just want you want. It should be implemented shortly.

Thanks so much! I canā€™t wait to update JobsLite!

Could you let me know somehow when the implementation is finished? I donā€™t have much time to follow Sponge development because of school :disappointed_relieved:.

Iā€™ve implemented MessageSinkEvent.Chat#getRawMessage

https://github.com/SpongePowered/Sponge/commit/4b4f585952e757e9f4396830e87421fa7cf06a0f

The CI server should upload a new build of SpongeForge shortly.

Good luck with your plugin! :slight_smile:

1 Like

JobsLite v1.1.0 has been released!

Changes Include:

• Updated to latest Sponge Version
  • Use Sponge scheduler instead of custom threads
  • Updated job creation look
  • Added set job command
  • Updated to Java 8

:inbox_tray: Download JobsLite v1.1.0

:bangbang: Issue Tracker

:memo: Feature Suggestions

:wrench: Source Code

:books: Wiki

:heavy_dollar_sign: Like my work? Please Consider Supporting Me!

JobsLite v1.1.1 has been released!

Changes Include:

• Updated to latest Sponge version

:inbox_tray: Download JobsLite v1.1.1

:bangbang: Issue Tracker

:memo: Feature Suggestions

:wrench: Source Code

:books: Wiki

:heavy_dollar_sign: Like my work? Please Consider Supporting Me!

Moved to here

I mean I could potentially do it. Not sure if iā€™ll have the time though. I have FoxGuard to work on, and iā€™m starting FoxEdit soon.

Thatā€™s perfectly fine! I am not stopping development on JobsLite, just looking for a little helping hand!