Kits [v1.7.4]

lol I was about to ask for this before I saw it.

Just wait for JoinData to be implemented :wink:

1 Like

Release v1.3b:

Tested on SpongeForge 1087

Changes:

• This release brings minor bug fixes regarding meta.

Enjoy this update! :smile:

Release v1.3c:

Tested on SpongeForge 1091

Changes:

• This release brings the ability to apply Kits to other players without cooldown with the kits.use.others permission.

Release v1.4:

Tested on SpongeForge 1112

Changes:

• Major Configuration Updates

How to Update (Only for Users on v1.3c and below):

1. Open your server directory. Go into the config directory. Inside, you will see an kits.conf file. Copy this file to another location and open it with a text editor of your choice.

2. Install Kits v1.4. Start the server. Once it starts, stop the server.

3. Go back into the config folder, and open the kits folder. A new kits.conf, and playerdata.conf file, Open these in a text editor.

4. From your old kits.conf file, you should see a players section. Copy the entire section and move it into the playerdata.conf file.

5. From your old kits.conf file, you should see a kits section. Copy the entire section and move it into the kits.conf file.

6. You’re all done! Just start the server, and enjoy.

1 Like

downloads not working?

Huh? Are you sure? GitHub is down - it’ll most likely be back soon.

Release v1.4b:

Tested on SpongeForge 1115

Changes:

• Major bug fixes.

Currently config.conf is placed inside config/kits/data… Maybe in next release move if out to config/kits? Lol

yea, will do this soon

1 Like

Adding too @Bammerbom. Is there a way to specify both enchants and potion effects?

Potion effects? I don’t think you can apply a potion to an item, but enchantments I will look into. Note, that soon when InventoryAPI is fully implemented and custom inventories are possible in Sponge, I will be able to make it so making Kits is completely GUI based, and all you do is drag and drop items into an inventory. Until, then, everything is saved to the config in the format provided. I will try and figure out how I can add enchantment capability, but that will most likely require an entire re-write of how the config works, so it may be a while. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Release v1.5:

Tested on SpongeForge 1140

Changes:

• Added Updatifier support.
  • Added config.conf - here you can now specify the timeunit you’d like your Kit timers to operate on. It supports everything from days to nanoseconds!

I am a sponge newb setting up my first sponge server. I am really excited about the potential of this plugin, but for some reason I cannot get it to work correctly. When I use the /kit default command I get this error:

Error occurred while executing command: null

I receive this error even with a completely new install when I have not modified any kits or added anything to the default kit. In addition, when I attempt to add a new item to a kit it overwrites any previous items in the kit with “null”. For example, if I use /kit add default bread 1 it will appear in kits.conf as item=“nullbread 5,” which really screws things up. Even when I manually add multiple items to kits.conf it only gives me the first item and then throws “Error occurred while executing command: null” as above.

I’m sure that I’m making some noobie mistake but I have been troubleshooting for hours and I cannot find it. I’ve searched through the sponge forum and haven’t found any solutions either. When you have time any help would be appreciated.

I am running:
forge: 1.8-11.14.4.1563
spongeforge: 1.8-1577-3.0.0-BETA-1000

Try updating your forge and sponge to:
spongeforge-1.8.9-1732-3.1.0-BETA-1139
forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1722-universal
@Navaron

This is severely outdated. Please update.

Thank you this helped solve my problem, at least partially. It now correctly gives the items in the kit but it still converts old items to ‘null’ when trying to add additional items to a kit. On the other hand this may be due to me misunderstanding the syntax and using it incorrectly. I can still achieve what I need by editing kits.conf by hand though, so it isn’t a very big problem.

Thank you for helping me find a solution!
@HassanS6000

Sorry I meant just potions in general, in the bottle not as a enchant!

1 Like

Release v1.5b:

Tested on SpongeForge 1144

Changes:

• Added config option to specify a first time kit for users. To set it, go into your config.conf for Kits, and then change the option for kit.default.kit

I am looking for a way to have users get a written book with general server information included at first login and the have the ability to call it later as well. Is this a possibility with this plugin…is there another plugin that can do this. Just wondering.