Never used Discourse

it remids me stackoverflow a lot

Guess it’s CodingHorror’s style :slight_smile:

Been using discourse for many months, don’t really like it :confused:
It just doesn’t keep stuff organized and clean, spams my browser history like crazy, acts weird on phones and [spoiler]lacks proper spoilers[/spoiler] (plus other text formatting stuff)

1 Like

We have managed somehow to spill the discussion about Discourse in two different topics; actually, it seems that the discussion in the referenced topic steered into the direction of this one. :smile:

I just wanted to mention it since it might be of interest or relevance to the reader of this topic.

I have never heard of Discourse before, but as soon as I loaded the site I liked it. Loads fast, nice and simple, no extra bs. +1

1 Like

This is definitely more of a ‘developers’ forum. It’s not as user-friendly (at least, initially) to those unfamiliar with the layout, style, or formatting.

I like it, but it might not be the best for everyone.

1 Like

Very plain and basic. A new theme would be nice, but, as I stated in This thread, I’m not sure how far we would be able to go with themes. Some add-ons would be nice, as well as more recognition of who is staff.

I dislike the continuous scrolling and how much it relies on Javascript, but it has a bunch of good concepts.

1 Like

I personally prefer this look over the old bukkit site’s look, feels much cleaner and well organized. :slight_smile:

This is pretty simplistic. I prefer others but I can definitely work in this.

EDIT: And I agree, it’s really javascript heavy. That’s a minus in my book. HTTP/HTML working pages FTW!

1 Like

I’m kinda liking Discourse. Don’t get any of those Xenforo nerds in here, or they’ll mess it up like those Enjin peeps did. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’d be fantastic if you could make the forums bigger and push it torwards the center, I don’t really like it all cramped up to the left side with a bunch of empty space to the side of it, you know what I mean

1 Like

@Creeoer- Definitely agree, needs to be … wider. Particularly on my 1080p monitor, which this is less than half of. (1920 pixels wide / 2 = less than 970 px :frowning: )

I think you might just be a little racist talking about wanting more “white space”. jk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@theconspirators he didn’t say white space though 0.o he also wants less not more o.0

@mcmonkey true, though he did say “paste” which, when defined in terms of color usually amounts to white. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a repeat topic, even though it says XenForo

XenForo is the way forward in my opinion.
This seems to ‘Facebooky’. It’s less of a forum and more a chat room in my opinion.

That’s not a repeat topic… he was asking if this forum was going to be temporary.

The functionality is great and it works great with mobile devices like my phone and iPad. All it needs is a nice theme and it should be looking and operating great.

1 Like