New sponge server with pixelmon 4.4 and bungeecord - is it possible now ? :)

Hi,

at the begning many thanks for dev builds :smile:

i have a question becouse i need to setup new pixelmon network with 1.7.10 + 1.8 connected together by bungeecord.

with 1.7.10 i can still use cauldron but with 1.8 i would like to test with sponge and my question is is it possible to setup server with sponge with bungee support right now ? :slight_smile: (even if it will be ultra experimental - i’m open to test) and i can give/share space for test’s :).

sorry if i duplicate the topic

So your wondering if you can use bungeecord with sponge right now? It’s possible I’ve seen it done in previous State Of Sponges, Be warned that your server WIll be in offline mods to work, allowing anyone on if you haven’t secured your server correctly. Just takes one person to join via. direct IP to control the entire server.

yea, i know i’ll be firewalled and open just one port for bungee main connection eg. 25565.

i’m just asking becouse if it definitly not working i’m not start right now - but if it might work :))) i will.

ok i’m installing bungeecord now and all other tools :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, it should work, but IP forwarding won’t work, so if you were counting on that, sorry!

However, I’m having a play about with Sponge’s Mixin library and seeing if I can make a mod that, with changes to BungeeCord, can perform the IP forwarding, or at least UUID forwarding. No idea if I’ll get anywhere with it, but it sounded like a fun thing to try…

Hi,

@bungeecord with sponge i have conncted it now and it works - now without mods(pixelmon) i’m just testing connection.

works :

1. bungee : 18:46:55 [INFO] This server is running BungeeCord version git:BungeeCord-Bootstrap:1.8-SNAPSHOT:“9cf57ca”:1068 by md_5

2. sponge : Sponge v1.8-1371-2.1DEV-455+unknown-b455.git-unknown for Minecraft Forge 1371

3. now i’m trying to test

3.1 : sponge + plugins (seems to work :))
ExtraChat-1.4b.jar permissionsex-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar spongy.jar

[18:54:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Attempting connection with missing mods [mcp, FML, Forge, Sponge, EC, permissionsex, Spongy] at CLIENT
[18:54:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Attempting connection with missing mods [mcp, FML, Forge, Sponge, EC, permissionsex, Spongy] at SERVER

3.2 : sponge + pore (i have errors: update - works ) : **Discontinued** Pore - A Bukkit-Sponge Bridge - #82 by minecraft7net

[18:35:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Attempting connection with missing mods
[mcp, FML, Forge, Sponge, pore] at CLIENT
[18:35:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Attempting connection with missing mods
[mcp, FML, Forge, Sponge, pore] at SERVER

3.3 : spigot 1.8.4 + bukkit2sponge (seems to load)
[18:18:59 INFO]: [Bukkit2Sponge] SpongeAPI plugin found: Spongy v0.2
[18:18:59 INFO]: [Bukkit2Sponge] SpongeAPI plugin found: ExtraChat v1.4
[18:18:59 INFO]: [Bukkit2Sponge] Initializing 2 SpongeAPI plugins…

dualspiral i have searching you on github etc :slight_smile: can you make a patch for bungee for 1.7.2 caludron ? i’m trying to connect bungeecord with caludron 1.7.2 without success i saw that you make it working but i’m not sure if it can only works with 1.7.10 - i just need it for 1.7.2 - after several test and trying to compile all the bungeecord fork by you i dont have no idea now :smile:

i described it here : http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/bungeecord-with-caludron-mcpc-1-7-2-problems.66559/

No - @blood also made a change to Forge that was 1.7.10 only so this would work - we can’t backport it to 1.7.2. Sorry.

OK - many thanks for information.

Just curious, what is your IP address set too in your main server.config for cauldron?

i was test everything at localhost and my private networks i don’t this it was TCP/IP connection problem.

when connect to server called lobby with mod installed
“…”
14:07:25 [INFO] [caludrontest] <-> InitialHandler has connected
14:07:25 [INFO] [caludrontest] <-> ServerConnector [mocreatures1] has connected
14:07:25 [INFO] [caludrontest] disconnected with: Your version of Forge is outdated. Please update Forge and try again.
14:07:25 [INFO] [caludrontest] <-> ServerConnector [mocreatures1] has disconnected
14:07:25 [INFO] [caludrontest] -> UpstreamBridge has disconnected
14:07:42 [INFO] [caludrontest] <-> InitialHandler has connected
“…”

when switch server from lobby without mod to server with mod.
bungee log :
“…”
00:32:21 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] <-> ServerConnector [lobby] has connected
00:32:33 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] <-> ServerConnector [mocreatures1] has connected
00:32:33 [FINE] [START Server -> Bungee][SENDING: ServerHello]
00:32:33 [FINE] [HELLO Client <- Bungee][RECEIVED: ServerHello]
00:32:33 [WARNING] [PonuryZniwiarz] -> UpstreamBridge - IOException: Connection reset by peer
00:32:33 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] disconnected with: §fIOException : Connection reset by peer @ sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl:-2
00:32:33 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] -> UpstreamBridge has disconnected
00:32:33 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] disconnected with: §f[Proxy] Lost connection to server.
00:32:33 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] <-> DownstreamBridge <-> [lobby] has disconnected
00:33:03 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] <-> ServerConnector [mocreatures1] has disconnected
00:33:30 [INFO] [/1.1.1.1:35614] <-> InitialHandler has connected
00:33:30 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] <-> ServerConnector [lobby] has connected
00:33:47 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] <-> ServerConnector [mocreatures1] has connected
00:33:47 [FINE] [START Server -> Bungee][SENDING: ServerHello]
00:33:47 [FINE] [HELLO Client <- Bungee][RECEIVED: ServerHello]
00:33:47 [WARNING] [PonuryZniwiarz] -> UpstreamBridge - IOException: Connection reset by peer
00:33:47 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] disconnected with: §fIOException : Connection reset by peer @ sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl:-2
00:33:47 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] -> UpstreamBridge has disconnected
00:33:47 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] disconnected with: §f[Proxy] Lost connection to server.
00:33:47 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] <-> DownstreamBridge <-> [lobby] has disconnected
00:34:00 [INFO] [PonuryZniwiarz] <-> ServerConnector [mocreatures1] has disconnected
“…”

server log:
“…”
[23:49:06] [Netty IO #3/INFO]: Client protocol version 1
[23:49:06] [Netty IO #3/INFO]: Client attempting to join with 5 mods : [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]
[23:49:06] [Netty IO #3/INFO]: Attempting connection with missing mods [] at CLIENT
[23:49:06] [Server thread/INFO]: PonuryZniwiarz lost connection: Disconnected
“…”