NightUI - Dark sponge forums theme

@DotDash the background is #topic-progress and the progress bar is div.bg

1 Like

@octoshrimpy I’ve actually noticed a lot of issues with the style recently, because of some changes made on the forums. So I might end up redoing the whole thing later sadly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not so sad, from my perspective. You’ve learned, and improved. ;)

Well maybe if we wanted to, we could make a unified theme together (with @DotDash too possibly). The sponge team wants a unified theme already so maybe we should make our own proof of concept? xD

3 Likes

I concur. :slight_smile: they showed one at the State of Sponge, maybe pull ideas from there?

Yeah, although I would like to see a bit of a darker theme to it so it’s easier on the eyes. :wink:

1 Like

Would @DotDash like to help with this? (/summon @DotDash)

1 Like

I’m currently in love with DotDark :heart:, but I’m willing to compromise :wink:

Yay! :smiley: Although I need to get you and @octoshrimpy on skype now. xD

(@octoshrimpy pls PM me ur skype :3)

UPDATE:

After quite a while since the last update of NightUI I have fixed some of the issues that appeared from the forums changing a few things. There are still a few things to work out, but for the most part the major issues I noticed should be fixed.

1 Like

I know this is a necro, but I started night theming everything again, and well, is it possible to update this theme?

1 Like

NighUI is a bit messed up (You can check it out using Stylebot). It shouldn’t be hard to update, though. I think xD

1 Like

I’ve been planning to update the CSS for a while (been a bit busy lately, so I haven’t had the time). I will look into getting it updated at some point for the forums though. :slight_smile:

It’s also worth noting that due to a lot of recent CSS updates on the forums (and due to the lack of updates on my end) it will likely take a while to get it back into order.

1 Like

Update: Theme update is going fairly well. Most things I’ve noticed have been fixed on threads and the categories pages. Still more to go!

Update 2: Did a lot of work on it to make things work (still not done) and I plan to take a break on it for now. You can see the fixes I made here. If you find any issues please let me know (and if you can try to provide a fix for them, it would really help me). :slight_smile:

Poking my head in here for the changes. I’ll test it out and see if there are changes that need made. :slight_smile: (now that I actually know what I’m doing with CSS selectors and stuff)

Do you host the code somewhere while you’re updating it? Or are you really doing locally?

I don’t host it anywhere (aside from pastebin for when I post a release) so yes I am doing it locally. I might consider putting the CSS on github or gitlab or something so people could help out more I guess.

1 Like

I’m thinking of throwing all the themes on github. That could be nice. Maybe even greasemonkey scripts too. :smile:

Also, Updated the Theme Central with the new version.

On bugs, hovering over the icons on the top right, the background goes the same color as the icon, and so the icon goes “invisible”. Other than that, I haven’t found anything else. nice job. :smiley:

Yeah I’m aware of that bug. It seems to be a bit more tedious to fix though. Hopefully will have it fixed soon though! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like