šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

Had the example permissions.json file installed.
Removed it from the config folder, and now it seems to be loading and running as itā€™s supposed to!
Thanks, jkmalan!
Should i feel like a moron, or what? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I guarantee sillier things have been done.

1 Like

*hint * trying to run bukkit plugins on sponge is way sillier *hint *

:wink:

4 Likes

Glad to see it helped :slight_smile: And believe me, Iā€™ve done plenty of things more silly than that

just out of curiosity, what is this example permissions.json you were using? I donā€™t think there are any but the one the plugin creates.

Canā€™t seem to find my way back to it, so iā€™ll just paste it in here:

systems {
  default = [
    {
      parents = [
        "group:default"
      ]
    }
  ]
}
users {
  "uuid-here" = [
    # If we omit the context field, this block applies to any context
    {
      parents = [
        "group:admin"
      ]
    }

]
}

groups {
  "default" = [
    {
      permissions {
        "permissionsex.version" = 1
        "minecraft.command.me" = 1
        "minecraft.command.time" = 1
        "worldedit.navigation" = 1
        "worldedit.tool.{apple,pear}" = 1
      }
      options {
        prefix = "Generic Nobody"
      }
    }
    {
      context = {world=world_nether} # Should context be a map here? or a string list?
      permissions = {
      }
    }
  ]
  "admin" = [
    {
      permissions {}
      permissions-default = 1 # This group should have all specified permissions. If this group inherited from other groups, their negations would take effect here. If the absolute value of a permission is >= than this value, the permission overrides this.
    }
  ]
}

Ah, that is the old format that we are no longer using. Iā€™ve taken the link to that away from the initial post. Thanks for letting me know about that.

Great :smile:
And thanks for making PEX Sponge-compatible!

1 Like

How do I set the default group users are added to when they join the server? And how do I make groups inherit permissions from other groups?

Mark a group as default:

/pex system default parent add group <group>

Add a parent to a group:

/pex group <child> parent add group <parent>
2 Likes

Hi there im trying to use this plugin in my pixelmon serverā€¦ But it wont startā€¦ I download the .jar file and place in mods folderā€¦ Am i doing something wrong?

I am running latest forge. latest sponge in here. 1.8 mc pixelmon 4.0.4
Thanks. any help appreciated.

Do you get any errors, does PEX appear in the list of mods FML is loading?

1 Like

i downloaded a new one from today and seems to be loadedā€¦ imma try to create a rank and see how it goesā€¦ by any chance do you have a sample of the ranksā€¦ just wondering if not ill make one as i goā€¦

thanks for the response.

Hi , when do you expect to implement the SQL backend and will you ensure that we use as witzerland spigot on a server?

SQL backend is one of the features currently in progress, so it should be implemented as time is available.

EDIT: Also, what is witzerland?

1 Like

So do we have to start from scratch with our permissions?

I believe that somebody here was going to develop a tool to convert them, not sure what happened with that tho.

@DeathNateDog @TBotV63

Wow, I didnā€™t even see that. So blindā€¦ Need new glasses lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Automatic translation sorry , I wondered if the SQL structure would be the same as that of the plugin available for spigot