šŸ”‘ PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

So we will have to start from scratch. Meh damn

I think you misread the quote. Heā€™s retaining compatibility with the original structure. You should be able to just move the old file over, and the Sponge implementation of PEX will pick it up.

Iā€™ll try it give me a sec.

========================================================================

Edit: It seems to have converted it over correctly. Now if only I could find out how to actually do the commands lol

I assume he kept a method of understanding the old format, in the new implementation.

@zml

I got the plugin to correctly convert the files over. I just have no clue the command structure hence it use to be /pex user add or /pex group etc

Commands structure is documented at Commands Ā· Issue #1945 Ā· PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx Ā· GitHub

Much appreciated Zml

Is this compatible with mods yet? I donā€™t have any problem with setting permissions for plugins/sponge but I canā€™t seem to get the permissions working for mods (pixelmon specifically).

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly certain that all PermissionsEx does is supply a service to Sponge which handles permissions. I could be wrong, thus the tag for @zml.

Meaning, if itā€™s not working, itā€™s likely an issue with Sponge or how Forge mods acquire their permissions.

So in the permissions.json the 7th line says ā€œpermissions-default:1ā€. Does this value change the perms from a whitelist to a blacklist?

Thanks!

Just the default permissions setting of vanilla commands, i believe.
-1/false explicitly sets to false, 1/true explicitly sets to true, 0 sets to none.

1 Like

yeah, that is pretty much what it does.

@m1zark For mod commands, the permission Sponge gives is <modid>.command.<commandname>. Run the command /pex debug to check what permissions are being checked if you are unsure.

3 Likes

@zml Thanksā€¦ got it working now

I need help setting some ranksā€¦ could someone please help me create a file that i can copy pasteā€¦ need ranks its a pixelmon server just usual rank perksā€¦ or some help on how toā€¦ im so used to pex i know how to use it but this one its a bit more difficult for me. I really appreciate whom ever can help me here. would be nice if i can just copy paste my old pex file on the current on the server.

trainer
helper
mod
builder
admin
owner

could you help me set my ranks pleaseā€¦ you could skype me Driftkin23

Your old configuration will copy over ā€“ just set the file in permissionsex.conf to the name of your old permissions file (with .yml) ā€“ the file will be automatically converted to the appropriate format

Having somebody set your configuration up for you will not help you ā€“ you need to be able to manage your own server, not just copy and paste somebody elseā€™s work.

3 Likes

Just drop your old config into the server folder. Afaik zml has written an automatic converter that writes the bnew config if it finds am old one.

Edit: zml ninjaā€™d me :'D

Do you plan on bringing back prefixes?