🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

Hi there, having a slight issue.

I can’t seem to locate the permission.json file anywhere in the server files. I need to remove a plugin and readd another and mass remove permissions from a group.

Whats the default location for the file and if it isn’t there, how would I create it?

cheers!

Same problem as Yamikata there is no permission file and making the groups in game is annoying.

@Yamikata You both can enable it through the config in PEX’s folder, like it was detailed in a previous post.

1 Like

Which of these 130 Versions i need for an 1.8.9 Sponge 4.2.0 Server? Pls fast answer we are searching and dont find something, :smiley:

MfG Kektical

build 131 is for 1.8.9

Perfect, cheers man!

Does it take some time to update the groups I already added or will I need to readd the groups again? I don’t mind doing so.

Thanks again.

1 Like

You can import from the other datastore, using the /pex import <name> command. (This is detailed in documentation updates I’ve done for the branch I’m working on that’ll be available soon)

Hey, im having a little bit of an issue with the rank ladder.
The ranks I have created are appearing in the order they were created rather than the order on the actual config?
e.g

"group:Admin",
        "group:Head-Admin",
        "group:Developer",
        "group:Owner"

on /list, it shows
Admin:
Developer:
Head-Admin
Owner:
default:

PEX doesn’t have any command called /list, so PEX can’t really control what happens there. You’ll need to talk to the dev of whatever plugin provides /list to see what they’re doing. They’ll probably have to hook into PEX for now – a rank ladder API is something I want to do eventually.

Apologes, here to bug you again…

Having issues with permissions.json

I manually added all the perms so far and upon bootup, the plugin can’t load.

It does tell me to check Line 152, Column 26 but there’s no problem there. I checked for tabbing, wrong character etc and it’s exactly as the first perm is. I added 1 permission in game to see how the file lays it out and I copied it exactly as the plugin laid it out. I also downloaded the file to check properly with NP++ as it helps find the rows etc and there’s nothing out of place.

Completely lost with it xD

Indentation doesn’t matter – this is JSON not yaml. You can run your permissions.json through an online validator, or we can take a look at it if you post it.

Fair enough.

I’ve only copied the are in question. The line the log refers to is the second permission “nexus.tpaccept”: 1

For future references, what online validators are there?

Yeah, you’ve got to have a comma after every entry

http://jsonlint.com/ is a validator

Wow… I can be a real twat sometimes. Literally kicking myself, cheers. I’ll bookmark that link.

Ah that would make total sense.
I will look into it, essentialcmds calls the /list for your interest.

I want to change only the color names according to the group. This is not a qualifier. This should be the only player nickname.What should I do?

Try asking on a chat plugin’s support thread?

Is there a way to remove an option from a group? I typo’d and would now like to remove that useless option.
I tried something like /pex group <groupname> remove option <option>, but that didnt work,

Have you ever put anything possible cooldown on command? If one should do

Anyone have the problem where they cant get the

Allow /endbattle to be used on the command’s user: pixelmon.command.endbattle.self
Allow /endbattle to be used on other players: pixelmon.command.endbattle.others

to work for 1.8.9?