🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

How do i treat them as if they already exist? there is no file for permissions any where to be found for me to edit and when i type /pex group list there are no groups even though it comes with default permissions setup there is no file for me to be able to edit everything i need please help me out.

I just installed it like it was brand new, what are the basic first few commands i want to use to allow default players that join to build and use the commands that are initially set up for them? And how to give myself op permissions or equivalent permissions with PEX?

Take a look at the getting started guide linked in the first post.

this is what i get for the permissions file
{
“subjects”: {
“default”: {
“default”: [
{
“contexts”: {
“localip”: “127.0.0.1”
},
“permissions-default”: 1
}
]
},
“user”: {
“16f475ca-a1b2-4cb4-8559-838be91b9162”: [
{
“parents”: [
“group:admin”
]
}
]
}
},
“schema-version”: 4,
“context-inheritance”: {}
}

I have done what you said and used the guide link now when i did this and set myself to use every permission as admin now default group cannot build or break anything

Well either you’re in a spawn protected area or you have a plugin preventing building. You can run /pex debug to toggle debug mode, which will log permissions being checked to the console.

where are they logged?

it tells me you do not have a wilderness administrators permission to use this when building or breaking blocks.

Check the server console, like I just said.

How do i set the default group in pex without using /pex group default def false, because every time i do this default players are not able to build.

Ok so i have come to the point that my PEX is running fine and i just cannot for the life of me figure out how to set everyone that logs into the server as a default user so they have the default permissions that i have put in.

Is there a full commands list? That topic is very limited

Hello, im trying to get the pex to work on my pixelmon 4.2.7 server but it constantly crashes when i add it, and i am not the best at console. So i was wondering if you could take a look and tell what is causing it to crash? http://pastebin.com/wFTsMtNV

Very very VERY outdated Sponge Version

Have you used it personally?

Yes I currently use it.

Would you be able to give me a hand?

Thank you i have done this, last issye i am running into is how do i allow players to use pixelmon npc shops that are placed in an admin claim from griefprevention plugin for sponge 1.8.9?

I run a pixelmon server with just a few mods…and i cant seem to get permissions to work AT ALL! It loads in fine, i can do commands but when a person is that said group they still cant use the perms! I have made the parent groups and so on, any help ?

I extensively used the Bukkit version of PEX for years but due to the incomplete documentation I’m having a hard time using this Sponge version.
The most important feature I can’t find any information about is how to set up permissions.json (which looks to be the replacement of permissions.yml). Here is how this was done in PEX 1.x. How is this done in PEX 2.x?
Once I understand how to use PEX 2.x correctly I would be happy to contribute to the documentation.