**Discontinued** Pore - A Bukkit-Sponge Bridge

The last time this was said to be unstable was about 7 months ago, it seems you guys still are very motivated to work on this and I am very ecstatic! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

As of today, is this a usable project? I see the latest build on Jenkins is successful, that being said, could we use this? Also, as it is an “emulation” of bukkit, there doesnt appear to be any harm in using it, it just simply wouldnt work if anything, and we wouldnt really lose anything right?

I will give this a shot this evening, to save on time, are there any plugins from bukkit 1.8.9 that people can confirm work?

I’ve gotten very sidetracked by academics and other projects in the past 7 or 8 months, so I haven’t worked on it much personally. However, @Minecrell has done a large amount of work on it since then and according to him Essentials is mostly usable at this point, which should give a decent idea of where we stand currently.

Quantitatively, about two thirds of Bukkit is currently implemented by Pore. If you want, you can check out the script that generated this number in ./etc/progress.sh in the Git repository.

I can confirm that using essentials/groupmanager doesnt quite work. I wll send a log this evening.

http://hastebin.com/divonerili.rb
Error upon running essentials/groupmanager /manuadd

To emphasize:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.lang3.NotImplementedException: TODO

We haven’t implemented whatever that method is yet. You’ll likely encounter quite a few of these while running the plugin.

So this plugin is still in the works? Seeing that Bukkit has pretty much died off, and spigot isn’t real impressive, I am looking to use Sponge but I have spent upwards of $700 on plugins custom to Spigot… and would like to continue using them.

Hashtag contradiction…

Pore was last updated today (feb. 28) (as of writing), so yeah, it is still in the works.

Well here is my question. Bukkit was never compatible with forge and this seems like it could bring up problems using bukkit plugins on forge mods. Will these plugins work like sponge plugins and be compatible?

This is a good question and one we’ve been considering recently. Currently, our official stance is that Pore is not guaranteed to be compatible in an environment with Forge mods. It will most likely remain this way for the forseeable future, since Forge mods can add things to the game that Pore is technically unable to handle (such as new entity types, biomes, etc.).

Well thanks I was planning on testing this kinda thing for myself but I want to know. What bukkit plugins work well with this so far?

Not entirely sure at the moment, I haven’t been too active in the project recently. I think that most of the features in Essentials should work. Generally, though, the simpler the plugin the more likely it is that it will work, and vice versa.

Would skript work? Some of skript?

What version of Bukkit is this in? Will it be updated as updates to bukkit come?

Is this working already?

@selfservice0 Some features, but likely not all, will work.

@SuperMarioCraft_Gam Currently, we’re synchronized with 1.8.8-R0.1. We intend to update to 1.9 in the near future.

@McGangsterFresh Not entirely, but partially.

1 Like

Plugins like essentials, worldguard worldedit etc wll work?

as far as iv tested about 80% of essentials features work. some stuff like /spawn /tp and /tpa etc are bugged currently, as for worldguard it did not work when i tried. and worldedit i suggest just using the mod

Is there a list of bukkit plugins that work with pore?

1 Like

That’s like asking if there’s a list of websites that don’t show up in search engines.
The only way to know is to test them.

2 Likes

feature implementation documentation at least