Project Inventories

I found that the player’s network is relatively poor when it is easy to empty inventory

join and leave
Almost at the same time

please forgive my terrible english

Hi TrenTech. I think I found a bug in PJI. Items held in the off hand (such as torches for placing while mining, or shields), are not saved on exiting the server. They disappear.

I wouldn’t call it a bug, I just haven’t implemented it yet. Honestly I forgot all about it.

Fair enough. Thought it should be pointed out though! Thanks.

Possible to have a global inventory with this? Like keep the inventory between maps. I have my players teleporting between worlds right now with a command sign that issues a /tppos command with world and xyz location.

Also is it compatible with pixelmon db file so players pokemon would carry over between worlds?

I don’t know what you mean

No

I mean have one inventory that stays with the player no matter what world they go

Any plans to implant pixelmon support cause that would be amazing for pixelmon servers

Need a little help with this. Im using Project Inventory and Worlds I created a world and the inventory
/world create Test /inventory create Test
How do i set the inventory for the world? I tried
/inventory set Test Test is that not the command?
Currently on
Sponge 5.0.0-BETA-1785
Forge 12.18.1.2095

Is there any console output? That should work

Could you maybe document and/or make a better a way to migrate to using PJI?

It took me a while to figure out PJI will only import from the playerdata files when a connecting player doesn’t yet have an entry in players table. I have a multi-server setup that I’ve simplified into the following problem:

Scenario:

• Server serverA hosts the primary world worldA. The inventories will be attempted to be migrated into invA.
  • Server serverB hosts its primary world worldB. It is configured to use the invB inventory.

Player 1 connects to serverA into world worldA, and PJI creates a row in players for that player and copies the inventory loaded from the file in serverA's playerdata folder into the invA table. This is good!

Player 1 now connects to serverB and loads worldB. They initially receive the inventory serverB remembers via the playerdata folder, and then PJI takes over. I believe it sees that there is already an entry for Player 1 in the players table, so it ignores any existing inventory and loads from the invB table. There is no entry for Player 1 in that table so it creates and overwrites a blank inventory for that player!

Is there any point to tracking with the players table? Can’t the check just be if there is an inventory for a certain player in the invB table?

Otherwise, something like a /inventory import <inventory> <player|uuid> would be handy.

Cross server inventories is broken in this release, but is being worked on. I think I finally got it working.

The players table was just a work around for checking if player has played on server before. In a future build this will no longer be needed.

There shouldn’t be any need for a import command. When working properly if both servers have there worlds set to the same inventory everything should automatically transfer over when switching servers.

Just as a side note it’s also recommended to setup your inventory entries while server is empty.

1 Like

Tried to use your plugin, however on use of setting the creative inventory to a world this error occurs

http://pastebin.com/UUtqk0r2

What version are you running? Also can you send the full server log? Lastly is there a data file in the pji config?

Version 0.9.0. The only things in the pji folder are what were created by the plugin itself. I changed nothing in it.

Edit - Error and Full Log (Pastebin wouldn’t let me upload, too large.)

https://paste.ee/p/0X4k5

2nd Edit: Also I am using the following Plugins/Mods: SpongeForge, AutoBroadcaster, GriefPrevention, Nucleus, PermissonsEx, Pixelmon 5.0 B9, ProjectPortals, RankUpper, WonderTrade, WorldEdit

I just made sure everything is up to date and tried it again, and to no avail, on latest versions of everything.

Fixed in 0.9.1. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Gave it a try, everything seems to be working, but on stop and start of the server the settings wont save. the inventory choices are still there but I have to use ‘/inventory set’ to get it to use the Creative Inventory for the Creative World instead of the Default Inventory.

I also want to thank you for your swift replies and fix(s) <3

I’ll take a look. Getting any console errors or no?

1 Like

Nope, just launches normally and when i log back in and do /inventory info it lists the Creative World as using the Default Inventory instead of the Creative one.

Hey, Love the plugin, I am planning to use this for a Bungeecord server and I was wondering if this plugin could be expanded or another could be made to sync all player data. So not just inventories.

Hey, for some reason, I don’t get the syntax of commands by clicking on the command list of the chat, instead I get a “not enough argument” error…