Project Portals

When you’re done can you post what you did… it will make it easier for others (me) to have an example if we are thinking about using this as well.

Change config/sponge/global from

commands {}

to

command
  aliases {
    home=PJP
    warp=PJP
  }
}

Next release I’ve added the option to set player direction on varies portals using key words like north, south, northeast southwest etc, and homes and warps will face the direction the player is standing when creating, within a 45 degree margin.

Right now warps are the only portal type that have specific permissions, but that may change in the future. I’d have to work out how to do it without making a mess. It wouldn’t be easy coming up with nodes for the buttons and such because they are identified based on there location, not a specific name. I could very easily add it to portals though.

1 Like

Wrote a little thing on it :slight_smile:

Hey, ya’all. This is my very first post on the forum. I’m using SpongeForge with PJW and PJP.

When I try to place a button portal with coordinates, the command fails - i.e. it only responds with the syntax format, as if the command was not recognized.

Here’s how I’m typing it:
/button DesertWorld 16 73 -104

The response:
/button <world> [x] [y] [z] [direction]

EDIT: Thanks in advance for the great plugins and any help you can offer!

1 Like

It appears I broke something. Fixing now

1 Like

Problem resolved in 0.8.36

1 Like

Indeed it is. Now that’s what I call excellent support! :smiley:

Thanks, TrenTech!

1 Like

Worlds don’t seem to respect gamemode with Portals, but do with pjp:warp

I think i noticed the changing gamemode too, but didn’t have time to investigate which plugin is causing it. I’m running into this issue with PJW and BLWarps (not running PJP over here currently). So this might relate to PJW and not PJP.

No I removed pjw all together and gamemodes stopped working all together. Setting gamemode through PJW is the only way I can get it to woek with warps, but it doesnt work with portals. You end up stuck in the previous gamemode.

What about buttons and such?

I haven’t tested those but I can

Buttons and Pressure plates (tested wooden, iron don’t seem to work), is where it’s at. The rest I tested… Portals, Doors, Levers didn’t change the gamemode only Buttons, Signs with [Warp] and Pressure plates were consistent. Let me know if I missed testing something or if there’s something else you need me to test.

I placed sponge in debug mode and looked for a debug option in PJP but couldn’t find one, so I can’t offer you any logs that would matter.

Update both pjp and pjw, and the problem should go away. I have a feeling it will return in a future Sponge build but should be fine for now.

Okay I updated both and now the PJP Portals are not working at all and refuse to be created with the below error…

http://pastebin.com/raw/cPRe8LmG

The Good news is Levers and Doors seem to be working great.

Fixed in latest build

Hi there,
the plugin looks really promising but,
is it possible to add multiserver support, support for proxies such as BungeeCord?

I’d have to look into it. I’ve never worked with Bungee and have no experience working with proxies in Minecraft so…can’t make any promises

Take your time, it would be a killer feature but it is not neccesary.