Project Worlds - World Manager

so while i am waiting to figure out how to allow players to use the tp command,i put in project portals. I didn’t explore it yet. After that, I imported a singleplayer FTB Infinity Lite 1.10 world into my server (which is infinity lite 1.10 also) via project worlds. It was successful. I then /w tp into the world and many modded items were incorrect items. (I’m guessing this is called block id changed). then i went to main world and blocks changed there too. then i went back to the import world and everything looked great. went back to the main world and things were still bad, plus gotten worse. pic: http://imgur.com/0gZPS8O
odd thing is after i DC’d and recon and went between worlds more, that base went back to semi-normal. but some other places were still broken. its the main world that is really messed up and the imported single player world that looks fine, unlike at first. removing PJP, PJW, and PJI did not repair the world on the next load.

Edit: I’m actually wondering if its because of the way I imported the world? I stuck the world into the world folder, then started server and went in game and typed: “/world import gameworld minecraft:overworld overworld”
Is the world corruption because I put the wrong arguments? the world was originally from single player, and was generated as BIOMESOP type. so 1.) did I put the wrong arguments, and 2.) could it have caused the world corruptions?

Is there any kind of documentation for permissions and commands? Can’t find anything in the OP aside form the two lists, and I can’t find anything on the github page (no wiki tab, no readme.md).

I seriously can’t begin to understand some commands from what I see in-game. For example, I have no idea what the syntax and usage of /w create is, or what the pjw.options.motd permission does.

Am I missing a link to a wiki page somewhere or is there none?

Edit: Just installed the HelpMe plugin, may I suggest you mark that as required in the op…
I’ve found a new problem though, nether portals don’t work at all. When placed on the default world they just do their animation and never send the player to the nether. When placed on other worlds they will teleport the player to the default world. Funny thing, whenever a nether portal is used the console says [Sponge]: Loading world [DIM-1] (Nether)

1 Like

I’ve been trying to make this work for like 5 days now. I’m about to cave in and just buy a second server to host the second world. Really don’t want to. No matter what I’ve done, the Main overworld corrupts every time i imported my gameworld, while the gameworld seems fine.
so i took down my server and world, and installed ALL fresh files straight from Feed the Beast
i then installed spongeforge-1.10.2-2221-5.1.0-BETA-2136.
i then dragged in the following plugins:

• PermissionsEx-Sponge
  • helpme-5.0.0-0.2.2
  • Prism-3.0.0-beta2-23-g8c1e020
  • projectinventories-5.1.0-0.10.0
  • projectportals-5.1.0-0.13.6
  • projectworlds-5.1.0-0.11.4

I REMOVED foamfix and extrautils2.
I ADDED ae2 sponge fixed, decocraft2, actuallyadditions, notenoughwands, fastleafdecay, openglider.
I started the server, and let it create a world. i closed the server and uploaded my gameworld into the world folder in my server. i started the server and did not enter it. i used multicraft console and entered: /world import gameworld minecraft:overworld BIOMESOP
Missing mods detected (extra utils 2 and rftoolsdims) typed /fml confirm. console returned an import successful message. then i typed in /world load gameworld. loaded successfully.
i entered the server, and before i even teleported to the gameworld i saw some natura trees had become basic machine cases. then i went to the gameworld, and every vanilla and modded block was completely normal.
So I’m lost. Its beyond me why this is happening. the gameworld world is a biomesop world 2000x3000 generated, with about 20 vanilla mcedit schematics imported. the gameworld was created with a infinity lite client with rftools dims added. however gameworld never saw the use of any modded features. only mcedit importing.

If you read this and have no advice for me, let me know so I can post this elsewhere, like a general discussion forum somewhere.

None of the plugins listed make any physical changes to world itself, even setting the generatorType incorrectly wouldn’t cause that, it would only effect newly generated chunk’s. Might want to ask in the general discussions category, sounds like some kind of id conflict from your description, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense with 1.10…

ok thanks for the reply. ill go post this there.

Edit: Sorry for the purposeless post, just hoping other folks see this and maybe think twice before installing PJW and potentially corrupting a world or at minimum pulling some hair out.

Yeah so… Almost no documentation. World imports don’t work properly most of the time I try to do it (and I’m doing it for vanilla worlds, mind you). Random chunk errors happening that didn’t happen at all before installing the plugin. Permissions problems even though I’ve given the right nodes to the right ranks (at least as far as I know, going off of the inkling of information I can find). And most importantly, somehow nether portals don’t send players to the nether…

Was really looking forward to this, but I think I’ll go back to using Nucleus’ implementation of multi-worlds.
Sorry, not sorry; this just doesn’t cut it.

Sorry to here that. As stated above this plugin does not make changes to imported worlds. Even an improper import wouldn’t change existing chunks. I’ve done many tests in the past and with all the problems I’ve run into world corruption is not one of them. The majority of it is handled by Sponge internally, All I’m doing is creating the sponge world dat file. Also have zero reports of issues with nether portals besides yours which I have not been able to test. My first thought is it’s probably related to the world corruption issue your having. I would need more information to determine the cause.

I’ve observed no issues with permissions in my tests, but I will note that the options perms were replaced by override perms.

As far as documentation I’ll take the hit for that. I’ve attempted to write stuff in the past but it never worked out. I always miss stuff that I feel is common sense because I forget that the people using it haven’t spent copious amounts of time staring at it like I have. I’d prefer someone else that’s actually spent time using the plugin to write up something because they have a better idea as to where end users will struggle.

Just wasted time…
Every command I tried, doesn’t work.
Could nowhere find a good help how to use it…

Just got the message “too many arguments”, no matter what command I tried.
Please help…

The link to the Help me plugin is vague. Install that then type the command, you can then click or more over the results for more info. Took me two weeks to work the out

People complaining about free stuff… why am I not surprised…

Bit of an update, one (out of many) of the problems I had using PJW has been solved. Even after uninstalling, nether portals continued to not work. I finally, mostly out of frustration, deleted the entire nether save folder and got the server to generate a new one. After doing that portals started working again on all of my overworld dimensions, and they all took me to the newly generated nether dimension. So while the corruption was still likely a result of using PJW (I’ve done nothing else that could cause it), the broken nether portals weren’t because of the plugin. My bad.

I’ll take the bait, @Ashmit
Think about it this way: If someone is going to the effort to develop something and publish it on the internet for other people to use they should be willing to put enough effort in to make their creation somewhat decent, right? Why publish something that doesn’t work; all that does is make the author look bad. If a developer’s work / school / other is taking all their time, or they don’t feel like working on a project anymore, they should at least mark it as discontinued instead of letting it sit around like the third child they never wanted. After seeing a bad plugin (like this) I certainly wouldn’t trust its developer to make anything worth my time in the future; it has to do with reputation.
But hey, why complain about free stuff, right? /s

If you feel you can develop something better, be my guest. From what I see your the only one having the issues you describe, I’ve explained it multiple times this plugin cannot corrupt world’s. As far as I’m concerned if you don’t like it than don’t use it, doesn’t hurt my feelings any. I didn’t develop this for you or anyone else. I did it for fun and releasing it was just a courtesy. Until someone pays me, this will continue to be part time work and spotty support. You or anyone else want to help me, great, repo is open to the public. My life is much more important than wasting my time working on a project that people like you have little appreciation for.

I wasn’t complaining for the record. I was attempting to clarify so that no one made the mistakes I did. And I do appreciate the work done with the plugin. It’s much better than anything I could do

1 Like

Feel like I need to clarify this once, I am no Dev. and all the work in Sponge community is something I appriciate.

Ah so developers don’t have any freedom to release WIP builds(Which this is not) they should only release something after its fully working, I wonder who will be there to report bugs for them to fix.

Hah! that third child joke got me. but yeah updates once a month when the plugin is in a somewhat stable stage… Definitely discontinued like 100% no arguments at all

yeah if it doesn’t work for me, it’s 100% a bad plugin like you can’t even argue about it.
All the other 3499 people who downloaded this plugin you say? fudge them they don’t matter, only matters if it worked for me or not.

“worth your time” That’s a good one… wait that wasn’t a joke? then you need to realize volunteers making something free is mostly because they want to support the community not making it to be “worth your time”

Like there is a discussion with around 690 replies to it and everyone typed that it doesn’t work so his reputation must have 100% gone down like no arguments at all… what? you are saying everyone didn’t type that it doesn’t work…? Then it doesn’t matter what everyone typed if it doesn’t work for me he is bad Dev.

Yes. If it doesn’t work, ask the dev why? if he/she could kindly help you solve the issue. They are mostly here as volunteers. If even after asking help your problem was not solved. Just go to a different plugin, maybe post saying “Hey sorry this didn’t work for me but maybe I will check back in future to see if my issue is gone” maybe a “Good luck on the future development of this plugin at the end” … if there are no other alternatives… make one yourself… what you can’t? then again, don’t complain about something which you cannot make.
Look at Huene’s above post he/she knows appreciates a work which he/she needs and he/she cannot make by themselves.

Conclusion: All Devs are your slaves and if their plugin doesn’t work for you, it’s a bad plugin. All developers should just focus on making it work for you alone, rest don’t matter.

PS: If you didn’t get it, it’s called sarcasm and I won’t be replying anymore since I don’t think you will understand this anytime soon. So Good luck with whatever you do for the future!

For others, Sorry for all this and making this post long, just thought it was needed.

1 Like

Is it feasible (or currently possible and I’ve missed it in the thread) to create a world that replaces the world accessed by the standard nether portals players create?

I assume it isn’t as simple as just replacing the data in the DIM-1 folder.

I added a gamerule but it doesn’t work yet.

Ah :smile:

Coolio, thanks.

Got an ETA?

hey can anyone tell me if the /world fill command is for a Radius [circle,square] or for a diameter [circle, square] ?

Diameter, square

Flat worlds dont work for me