ProjectPortals - One stop shop for all things portal

You might look at permissions :
TrenTech / ProjectPortals :slight_smile:

Portals cant be removed?

does the newest version still work on api5?

It looks like it’s not working. Portal still appears in the list.

I migrated from api6 to api7, removed my config but everytime I reboot my server portals disappear. I also had these error lines : https://pastebin.com/pTfd3YNK

Using the latest stable sponge vanilla spongevanilla-1.12.2-7.1.0-BETA-64, pjp projectportals-7.1.0-0.15.0 with pjc projectcore-7.1.0-0.2.2

Same here, I had to switch to an older version.

I can create a portal just fine, but it seems that the portal cant be removed. The chat log says “portal XXX removed” after I entered the command, but the portal still remains in the list and functions properly. Whats more, all the portals will just disappear after a server restart.
I am using projectcore-7.1.0-0.2.2.jar, projectportals-7.1.0-0.14.3.jar with forge-1.12.2-14.23.4.2705-universal.jar and spongeforge-1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3169.jar. I have tried other versions(core 0.2.1, portals 0.15.0, sponge BETA 3206) as well, but they all have the same problem.

Sorry, I just found that the portal can be removed, but just after a server restart (other portals wont disappear after restart if not removed). But this is still quite frustrating, and I hope that this can be resolved later.

I had trouble with pjp 7.1 and going back to 7.0 fixed my issues.

Hi all, I cannot find any detailed instructions on creating portals, can someone help me, when I create one its says its saved but it does not work. Thanks.

I also just tried the warp command, I can create a warp, but then I use warp list and it says there is not warps, do I need to do something with permissions to make this work? it would be helpful if there was a detailed wiki.

There is a few lines on the wiki :
https://github.com/trentech/ProjectPortals/wiki/Basic-creation-of-portal

Also, what version are you using ? did you try to search inside this topic ?

Ok i have had some success. Seems it was permissions l. I installed luckperms and gave myself perms reqd and now portals and buttons work. WARP is still not working l. I can create warp and it will not save/ show up on warp list. Seems like its not permissions as i can create it. I am running latest version of sponge/forge and minecraft 1.12.2

I meant what version of pjp ?

What are the perfect permission setup? Im new to this and yeah im not the best to figure out how the permissions should be.

Hello,
I updated from 0.14.0 to 0.14.3 and lost the portal database. It just wipes it clean, even if I copy it over, effectively deleting all the portals. Is this standard or am I doing something wrong?
Is there an easy way to copy over portals from the old database? I had about 30, all named, etc. so it’s a bit of work to do it manually.
Thank you!

The portal mods I’ve used before allow you to connect portals. This one appears to use coordinates instead. Is there a way to connect portals sans coordinates? Could you give us some examples on the front page of using this “properly?”

UPDATE: So it appears that there is a little help in the wiki on GitHub:
https://github.com/trentech/ProjectPortals/wiki/Basic-creation-of-portal

Is there a way to use /portal destination to also update DIRECTION?

Also, regarding the destination command, it does seem as though it needs the world specified, otherwise it doesn’t seem to work.

When I issue /portal remove PORTAL_NAME the portal continues to function… until you restart the server. Any chance we can get a bug fix that will not require server restarts?

I do not know the procedure of creation.

Enter “/ portal create ~” command

Begin building your portal frame, follow by / portal save

Create a portal frame

Enter “/ portal save” and command

“not in build mode”

…do not know.

You might try with an older version of pjp.

What kind of frame are you building ?

Thank you for your reply

I’m sorry
I forgot to write more details.

[ Introduction Mod ]
Projectcore - 7.1.0-0.2.2
Projectportals - 7.1.0-0.15.0
Projectworlds - 7.1.0-0.12.2
Spongeforge - 1.12.2 - 2611-7.1.0-beta-2931
Pixelmongenerators - 1.12.2-2.2.1 - Universal

There are times when success is made or fail.
This time, we create a 4x5 quadrillion portal using the “packed_ice”.

I tried an old version.

projectportals7.1.0-0.14.2
projectportals7.1.0-0.14.3

However, both did not have the answer after the command input.
Nothing is output to the server console.

I tried it again.
projectcore-7.1.0-0.2.2
projectportals - 7.1.0 - 14.3

In the past, I thought that there was no reply after inputting the command.
I tried with just the "/portal create " command and succeeded.
However, arguments such as -b -f -c can not be used.

Since there is a “/portal destination” command, you can change the destination.
However, because there is no “/portal direction” command, it can not turn.

It is cumbersome to re-create by executing “/portal remove” command.
I am troubled.

Where is the data file of each portal?
I am happy if I can change the setting from the data file of the portal.

I had to switch back to projectportals-7.0.0-0.14.1