Setup an official wiki now! (Now in progress)

@DarkArcana I don’t know if it is a bug or not. But the Wiki accepts incoming request. Only you can’t post or anything yet. Looks good I have to say :smiley:. For those who would like to take a watch, here is your hint:

replace forums with wiki, gg.

I definitely would help with the wiki. Only ma spell is a bit worse … .

1 Like

@thomas15v Shhhhh you’re not supposed to know that :wink:

Well you don’t need be a rocket scientist to figure out where the wiki would (and will) be xD. Anyone that knows internet could have find it

@thomas15v It was a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

Bit premature, but I’ve went ahead and added wiki.spmc.co and w.spmc.co to my spmc.co forwards

Looking forward to this being ready!

@OffLuffy When did this become a thing??? Shortened links are amazing!!

I know, I was laughing like santa when I wrote this :santa:.

What you really looked like while writing it:

Now back to the topic, I’m stoked to see the wiki, and what it will become!

1 Like

I’ve been doing the spmc.co domain for a while now. @Kornagan also handles spng.pw, which he introduced here, although I believe we both did this after this thread.

2 Likes

I want to write content for the wiki (and translate to German). That’s why I started this topic :wink:

3 Likes

I’d like to translate the wiki to German as well.

Another thought: Can we link the wiki and the forum, so that we can use the forum as a wiki discussion platform (the Discussion tab of the wiki page)?

I think that would motivate people who use the forums to contribute to the wiki.

Also, can we link forums and wiki accounts?

4 Likes

MediaWiki isn’t great at SSO. But I’ll look into it.

Did spongepowered got an IPV6 address recently?

Last time I went to it was showing my IPV4 adress :stuck_out_tongue:. (And yes my ISP gives me IPV6 :blush:)

So… Any info on public editable wiki?

Umm… the docs? https://docs.spongepowered.org/en/

Please be aware that this thread is over a year old

Er… AFAIK, in order to make edit, you have to fork and clone Docs repo, find and edit the file, make a pull request, prove that your pull request is worth merging, etc. Not a very optimal solution for random person who decided to quickly fix or write something.
I mean, it’s good solution for ‘Official Docs’, but not very good solution for ‘Community Wiki’ (which are different things).

If it’s a minor issue, anyone can inform our fantastic Docs Staff about it at #spongedocs on irc.esper.net :wink:

1 Like

Sorry if GitHub seems a hurdle to you, but we have neither the time nor the staff to manage both a Community Wiki and the Official Docs. Anyone can easily create an issue on SpongeDocs, which will usually get resolved quickly if it’s only a minor change or correction. For larger changes, Editorial staff need to ruminate on things before they become final.
As Owexz said, if you aren’t up to making a PR (which can be done through a browser), then feel free to touch base with the Editorial staff on IRC.

2 Likes

If you provide a text we can edit in, i’ll be more than happy to make the required additions and changes to get it into the docs :wink:

If it’s just a minor fault, then post an issue on github and we’ll try to resolve it.