Simple Chat

No permission necessary.

ah ok, I wanted to make that VIP and higher we're able to talk with color.

OK I'll see about adding that as a feature.

ah, Tnx for the quick response!

Done. Added a permission node for color as well as one for special TextActions like urls

simplechat.text.color
simplechat.text.url

I have both the simple tags and simple chat installed and am primarily wanting to use the broadcast feature I have give my group every simple chat permission node yet when I type /chat I only get /chat range /chat snoop and /chat worldchat no options to broadcast messages on intervals

Hey, I know this is a bit off topic but I need a real simple way to give players a choice in chat color. I mean the ability to set a color for their chat and have it always chat in that color. Do you have any suggestions for a plugin that can do that for me?

Just through this together out of boredom. Not sure if it's exactly what your looking for. Set the default color for all players in the config. Also use the command /color <player> <color> to change specific players color. permission is coloredchat.cmd.color and coloredchat.cmd.color.others

I believe that is exactly what i want, but my server crashed apon start up whenever i had the file added. "Can't revert to frozen GameData state without freezing first.
25.12 05:49:03 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
25.12 05:49:03 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state AVAILABLE. Errors may have been discarded." That is what popped up apon start up the 3 times i tried.

Edit: I just realized that its because that isnt the sponge version I'm using, Im using sponge for 1.8.9 minecraft.

It shouldn't matter. Nothing has changed in the API between 4.0.0 and 6.0.0 that would effect this plugin. I just recompiled with 4.2.0 so see if this works

Thank you so much, you're the best man. Im a partial dev to the server and the guys have been bugging me to get a plugin for this. So, you're a life saver!

Edit: Although what colors does it work with?

You can use tab completion to get a list of colors. /color MonroeTT [PUSH TAB] Also works for getting a list of Players. Works for offline players that have played on the server as well

I figured as much, really, thank you. after setting up all the pex permissions and everything this simplicity is a life saver :stuck_out_tongue:

Your welcome. If you have any suggestions don't hesitate to let me know.

sorry to be a bother ,but the server owner has decided to change versions to sponge 5.0.0, so they can go to 1.10 minecraft. I'm assuming ill need a new plugin for the colored chats, is that correct?

Theoretically the one for 6.0.0 should work. Try it and of it doesn't I'll build one for 5.0.0

well, I did and it crashes the same as it did with the older version of the server

i apologize for the trouble, I overlooked one tiny flaw in the server that I should've known. I had spongeforge 5.0.0 when I needed 5.0.1 and now everything works fine.

Is there a way to set up a social spy in this chat? I cannot find a way to do so.

Also, even though I have the correct permission nodes, I am unable to do colored chat. I try typing something like &6Hello, but the color doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong. Thank you for your time :slight_smile: