UNMAINTAINED - šŸŒ Nations [v2.5] - Towny-like protection plugin

Thanks for your quick reply. Now that you explain it, a block based claiming system does work fairly well, It could allow for some interesting nations.

Regarding flags, I assume that if I donā€™t give users the permission nations.command.nation.flag they wouldnā€™t be able to change flags from the defaults defined in the configuration file.

Is this a towny replacement? Or is this a new towny plugin?

Oh yeah sorry I skipped the flag thing, Iā€™ll edit my reply in a second.

Oh, yeah, Iā€™d like not to be misunderstood. Precisely, the plugin is a Towny-like. It is not based on any code from the Towny project and is not an official port of the Towny project.

Itā€™s only a plugin thatā€™s inspired greatly by Townyā€™s mechanisms, but also with some differences.

Thanks. Is towny ever porting to sponge?

Thereā€™s a towny advanced official thread in the sponge forums.

Not sure if they still plan to port it though.

1 Like

I have a new bug to report. When a person tries to claim more land than blocks they have available their money disappears even though a transaction never took place.

Regarding regions with no members, Would it be possible to add a feature for those to have infinite blocks available? I am running into block size limits when creating my SafeZone.

Indeed, thank you for reporting that bug. Fixed here. Itā€™ll be fixed when version 0.6 will be out.

For unlimited blocks itā€™s indeed required. I think weā€™ll have ā€œadminā€ nations that will have no member, no money, no block limits etc. Iā€™m still hesitating on how admin should be able to administrate them. Itā€™ll probably be similar to how they edit playerā€™s nation using admin commands.

Iā€™m hesitating between two ideas :

• First admins use a command to link them to a specific nation, then they use the usual president commands
  • Admins have dedicated commands replica to manage nations (e.g. /na nation <nation> flag <flag> <true|false>)

What do you guys think is the best solution ?

I think the dedicated commands would work best. Some admins may want to have their own nation and not have the possibility of a misclick enabling pvp in safezone.

Yeah youā€™re right. Here is a proposal for those commands :

/na forcejoin <nation> <player>
/na forceleave <nation> <player>
/na eco <give|take|set> <nation> <amount>
/na flag <nation> <flag> <true|false>
/na perm <nation> <type> <perm> <true|false>
/na setname <nation> <name>
/na setpres <nation> <player>
/na delete <nation>

This is not working with EconomyLite, you might need to look at using a more trimmed down account name.

[06:35:21] [Server thread/ERROR] [economylite]: Value too long for column ā€œID VARCHAR(36)ā€: ā€œā€˜nation-1ccf72eb-1ca7-4a84-b14b-e587691a09a2ā€™ (43)ā€; SQL statement:
INSERT INTO economylitevirts (id, balance, currency) VALUES (?, ?, ?) [22001-191]

Also if you try and do /n create test, and you donā€™t have enough money to start a nation it says ā€œAn unexpected error occurred.ā€

That is an issue with EconomyLite, it has been fixed in v2.0.5.

1 Like

The unexpected error occurred message still shows if balance is below what nations needs, there donā€™t seem to be any further details than that, no error logs etc. Tested on TotalEconomy and it does not happen, so its something particular to EconomyLite (2.0.5 build).

Also feature request:
The option to disable the chat notifications when entering/exiting nations.
The option to have enter/exit notifications show as an action bar message, or a title, instead of chat.

Nations Pre-Release v0.6

Targets SpongeAPI v4.0.3

With the new features introduced here, there are high chances a lot of new issues will come with them. I count on you to find them and report them below :pray:

:warning: You need to remove your old language.conf file before restarting your server because of breaking backward compatibility issue with this new version.

Changelog

• Fixed issue of money being withdrawn even though claim is impossible because of block limit for nations
  • Fixed other minor issues
  • Added per-flag and per-perm permissions : e.g. nations.command.nation.flag.fire or nations.command.nation.perm.outsider.build
  • Added admin nations : nations with no citizens, no bank account, no block limit etc. Create and manage them with admin commands.
  • Changed nation info description format so player with admin cmd permissions can edit nationā€™s properties by clicking on nation info description as if he was president
  • Added following admin commands
/na create <name>
/na delete <nation>
/na setname <nation> <name>
/na setpres <nation> <player>
/na forcejoin <nation> <player>
/na forceleave <player>
/na eco <give|take|set> <nation> <amount>
/na perm <nation> <type> <perm> <true|false>
/na flag <nation> <flag> <true|false>
1 Like

Iā€™m getting a fairly frequent error where, the claim area spams out all this data and the server starts freezing on startup, the only way to fix it is to reset the nations data.

Example of spammed data below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75949355/data.conf

Yes this is indeed a bug. Iā€™ve just fixed it today here and Iā€™ll update to pre-release v0.7 soon. Thanks for reporting it though !

This version will also introduce a break in backward compatibility for data. Which means youā€™ll probably have to remake your nations. Iā€™ll explain how to do it by directly editing data files.

1 Like

Hey will you create a towny to nations converter?

Hmm I donā€™t think Iā€™ll do that for nowā€¦ That would be quite complicated since the regions are not defined the same way Towny defines them.

Ok thats understood. I do have an idea for this plugin if you are open to them.

Indeed this rent system would make a very good plugin, but unfortunately different from what Nations currently is. Making a ā€œliteā€ version of it would need a lot of work.

Maybe when the first official release of Nations will be out :wink: