Announcing Prism for Sponge!
Prism 3.0 is a complete rewrite of the plugin - designed specifically for Sponge, as well as incorporating changes I’ve wanted to make since the bukkit project ended.
- Way more robust block/entity tracking.
- Smarter cause identifications.
- MongoDB (recommended), H2, and MySQL/MariaDB support.
- Simpler, cleaner API, cleaner code (still in progress…)
Thanks to the Sponge team (especially blood and gabizou) for their support.
This is a beta, and so is Sponge. While it’s probably safe to use on a production server, you must be aware that it’s not (yet) very well tested outside a small group of developers and players.
Important Features Still Pending:
- h2/MySQL data purging
- Item/container tracking and rollback
- Further DB/code performance profiling
Until there’s some sort of dbo replacement, I too would like to make an official thread for Prism (for Sponge).
In case you’re not familiar with Prism, checkout the site: Discover Prism
Prism 2 is very stable and performant but there’s a lot of under-the-hood code rewrites I very much wanted. I had begun work stripping down the bukkit version (and we have a blazing-fast mostly-working proof of concept version with MongoDB), now the goal is to start fresh with the same goals as I build a Prism-for-Sponge version from scratch. I’ll call this Prism 3.
It’s too early for me to know how Sponge will evolve so not much can be done for now, other than some independent prism internals.
Prism is open source, and I’d love to have a new (or returning) batch of contributors.
My goals for 3.0:
- Clean the code, fix things that were poorly structured
- Abstract the back-end db code based on prism 2 rewrites
- Support MySQL, MongoDB out of the box (other DBs may come later)
- Provide a much cleaner API for other plugins to hook into (will still support custom events, rollback handlers, etc)
If you have any specific recommendations or suggestions, let me know.
I’m often in irc.esper.net #prism and will read the backchat if not.
Feature Requests? Issues?
Please file issues on our github page.
DO NOT post these in the comments here, please.