What Bukkit plugins are being worked on for Sponge?

So lately I have noticed a few plugins that have an official thread and/or have a release, or they are being worked on. I know of that old list of bukkit plugins to be ported but I don’t know if I can believe it. It had like 500 plugins on it. Is this list of plugins going to eventually be Sponge plugins? So far I have only seen 2. If you know of an official thread for a plugin or you know the developer of a plugin (plugin name) is working on it. I would like to know if the list is accurate or not too. I also want to see some more threads.
Thanks

That list was made in a time where no one knew exactly which direction Bukkit/Spigot would go, and it has been so long. Many of the developers probably have left Minecraft development completely, and others are now content with staying on Spigot. Luckily a few have continued development of their plugins on both platforms, but I believe for the most part, porting old and creating new plugins will be in our own hands. As time goes on though hopefully we will see more developers bringing their plugins over to Sponge, and I believe with the version bump coming with 1.9 along with the release of 1.8.9 modpacks we will see an influx in membership in the community.

The only plugins I have so far seen ported or in the process of being ported are:

4 Likes

I’ve ported GriefPrevention which contains a bunch of new features. I also rewrote a good amount of code to support mods and Sponge better.

LWC I still need to finish but the current work can be found here

2 Likes

Well I listed EasyKits and BetterBackpacks on that list, however I’m not sure I’m going to follow through. I already have around 6 or 7 active projects and a couple others that I haven’t finished. Both plugins will require a complete rewrite to support Sponge’s Inventory API, so…I’m leaning towards abandoning the idea.

2 Likes

I ported (with some assistance, especially from @AniSkywalker) BuycraftX to Sponge. The download is currently only available on the Buycraft server panel, however,

1 Like

^o^
(15 characters)

You forgot Tim the Enchanter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my, sorry Tim. He and his ability to enchant have been added to the list.

1 Like

There’s a port of WorldEdit available for Sponge.

1 Like