CraftBook 4

Note: This page is no longer in use. Please use the Ore page here.

CraftBook is a heavily customizable plugin that adds a number of new mechanics to Minecraft with no client mods required. As one of Minecraft’s oldest mods/plugins, we were the first to bring you Minecraft computers, Redstone ICs, moving bridges, and more! Here’s a short list:

Implementation Progress from CraftBook 3

• Modular, and extremely light on your server.
  • Enable features that you need, disable ones that you don’t. Even tweak features to your liking.
  • Adds heaps of mechanics that allow you to mimic large portions of FTB/Tekkit with a vanilla client.
  • Redstone ICs (Logic gates, Sensors, Many others!)
  • Elevators for your server so people can jump between floors quickly. (Or smoothly, if you choose so)
  • Working cauldrons so players can cook inside them.
  • Your own custom crafting recipes.
  • Hidden switches for players.
  • Togglable areas and bridges.
  • Chairs you can sit on.
  • Working pipes that can transfer items from place to place.
  • Footprints where your players walk.
  • Mobs and players drop their heads.
  • The ability to bind commands to items, with cool-downs, permissions and timers.
  • And much more… (Seriously, check the wiki)

The wiki shows potentially outdated information about the Bukkit version of CraftBook. New docs are coming soon

Getting Started

Installation

1. Download the CraftBook jar, or zip (but remember to extract it!) and copy the file into mods/.
  2. Run your server once to generate the files.
  3. Edit configs/CraftBook/config.conf to your liking, and enable anything you want to use.
    Note: For optimal performance, only enable what you need.
  4. Restart the server for the settings to take effect.

For older versions:

You’ll have to read the wiki (see below) to find the permissions you need.

Documentation

For Permissions, Configuration, A list of features and more, check out the wiki

Learning More

• Project leader: Contact Me4502 on Twitter
  • Lead developer: Me4502
  • Official Discord Server: Click here!
  • Project started: On October 22nd 2010 (Bukkit was started January 2011, Sponge was started September 2014)

See more videos (Tutorials, Usage, More!)

Testimonials

• CraftBook is an amazing plugin helping our users build amazing creative structures all over EcoCityCraft. Highly recommend this to other owners/communities. — andrewkm of EcoCityCraft
  • CraftBook is great, we’ve used it for more than 3 years and we recommend it to everyone. — sawine of MineTown

Thank You

Thank you to the following individuals and organizations (Any donation of $30 or over qualifies you for this list)

Want to support CraftBook yourself? The best way to thank us for working on CraftBook, is to donate. We greatly appreciate it!

18 Likes

Are you thinking of adding the tree looper? I remember CraftBook having this feature, not sure if still has it.

Yeah, that’s planned to be added eventually. It’s one of the simpler to add, so it’ll probably when I get some time to do it.

1 Like

I hope you mean the tree lopper (cuts down the entire tree). Also, can you make it so you can designate new ‘axe’ tools and new ‘trees’ where this effect acts upon (like I have a mod with a battle axe item and I want to chop down another mods pinion pine tree)?

Craftbook? Name seems familiar, I’ve always prefered redstone. :slight_smile:

YES! Craftbook, always has been one of my favorite plugins. Very essential to my build server.

Yes, I am hoping for Sponge for Forge to support that out of the box, but if it can’t - I’ll add support in CraftBook.

I am working on getting the build system up and running again, it’s building - but not deploying the artifacts to enginehub.

where can I find documentation on how to use the features of this plugin?

cheers, wizdude.

Documentation hasn’t been started yet sorry, however most currently implemented parts work like they did in CraftBook 3.x

Got an error, I didnt see an area for issues on the github. http://pastebin.com/EaiLvL1p

That part of sponge has not been finished yet.

So how do we create a bridge? i’ve placed signs, wood, and the text required on the signs, yet it is not giving me the message for Bridge created!. I’ve placed bridge under the enabled mechanics as well. Any help? :smiley:

http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Bridges

I have and unfortunately it doesn’t work :S

Are you able to provide pictures of the bridge, and a copy of the config file?

Hi, transportation pipes are, in my view, an essential part of Craftbook, and would be nice, if implemented soon.

Hey bro, the mod/plugin doesn’t work, i have everything installed, and my other plugins/mods works. I am using the SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar version.

SNAPSHOT-javadoc isn’t the mod. It’s a Java archive full of documentation.

I’m not sure whether you want the SNAPSHOT.jar or the CraftBook-4.0-SNAPSHOT-dist.jar But I would try each of them one at a time, deleting the other if it doesn’t work, then if neither work try both.

Oh XD, so i never downloaded the mod XD