Submit your logo design

We’d like to officially request logo designs to represent the Sponge project here. There is a Google doc floating around but that is community-run (plus, no pictures).

We will be eternally grateful for your submissions!

First, rules

• Your logo IDEALLY should be created in a vector format. A vector format stores shapes within the files as actual shapes rather than a bunch of pixels. This allows you resize the logo to any size.
    • If the image file in .png, .gif, .jpg, or .bmp, then you do NOT have a vector image.
    • If the image file ends in .svg, .svgz, or .ai, then you PROBABLY have a vector image.
    • For posting the image here though, you should export it to .png.
    • Two programs to create vector designs are Inkscape (free) and Adobe Illustrator (not free).
    • You do NOT HAVE TO use a vector format if you are not familiar with any vector design programs.
  • It should be somewhat easy to make a tiny version of your logo (like 16x16). It doesn’t have to necessarily work if resized (we can make a 16x16 version by hand).
  • You need to own the copyright to your design. (Or in other words, you made the design 100% yourself.)
  • The non-text portion of the logo should be somewhat square. You do not need text. You may add text.

If you have questions, please make a new topic in this feedback forum.

##Particularly important

• Please ONLY POST DESIGNS
  • Do NOT make a post to make a comment about a design
  • To show your support, you can like posts
  • Every post MUST have an image.
  • EMBED your image. Do not link to it. We want to be able to see it without clicking. You may upload to the forums.
  • If you decide to design more logos later, create a new post rather than edit your existing one.

Thank you!

EDIT: It has come to my attention that new users may not be able to upload images. My bad. For now, if that is the case, please link to your image after posting them to http://imgur.com

14 Likes

Have made a redesign of sponges yellow square logo :slight_smile:

GitHub Logo

Forum Logo

Favicon:

I can make it vector format if necessary :slight_smile:

38 Likes

Done: http://i.gyazo.com/5930356c0f4176319e03d15e9f277a2b.png

In seriousness. I believe @Macguy8 made this one:

Mod Edit: @strad created the design above

27 Likes

Just put an Idea together:

AI file is here: Dropbox - Error

19 Likes

Variant 1:

Variant 2:

Variant 3:

The first and third variants are completely vector. The second variant has vector shapes but the texture is not vector.

I can provide a variant suitable for light backgrounds (no shadow). PSD provided on private message (yes, Photoshop supports vectors).

162 Likes

Ready for print, web, grayscale, and scaling. Colors can be tweaked if necessary.

Also can’t embed/upload image atm.

16 Likes

I’m a new user and I can’t upload an image. I’m also quite noob at this but I wanted to give my contribution :slight_smile:
Anyway, the logo I made is quite simple, and I have it on .AI format on my pc.

3 Likes

I like the “Sp” shortcode. Connected it with the Minecraft-Block-Logo.
If you like this one or a different submission, use the :heart: Button to vote for it :wink:

The font is not final (it’s a Microsoft font, I will replace it with an open font)

34 Likes

there maybe now you’ll take me less seriously :hamburger:

13 Likes

This content is original and it and its parts are free to use for the Sponge project and any related persons who wish to use it. I have the .AI and .SVG files if requested.
Main:
Small version:

11 Likes

Here is my Design

PM me to Edit fonts / Colors

Here is it !
If you do not like it, you can keep the slogan ^^

4 Likes

Hi! I’m new here and I want to submit my design. Obviously I have to use a link, so [here it is!]

Have an SVG file.
Font is Roboto, which is under Apache License 2.

11 Likes

Hope you like it. New members can’t post pictures :confused:

3 Likes

@RenegadeEagle I made that image. Source. I can attempt a better version later today.

My three submissions so far. I did them quickly early in the week, I have some new ideas that I’m going to work on later today.

85 Likes

36 Likes

//edit
oh it looks like melted cheese :smiley:

The object shaped in sponge, contains all main elements that community has lost(Bukkit, Spigot, Spout). You can find Forge too, because it is included in project and it was one of the element of Cauldron. Everything is made by me(including the typography) and it’s in vector format.
Note I have few more ideas so I will post more examples :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/oXmL83N

I made another one which you can find bellow :slight_smile:

34 Likes

Imgur

First draft :slight_smile: I will be working on it as I go along

4 Likes

Imgur

kinda generic but it looks good :3

1 Like